Help

Ads

Hello All,

My pc finally arrived...its awesome.

My first gaming pc..and I had no idea just how big the cases are lol...nevermind though we live and learn.

I do have a couple of questions though regarding my lcd I have plugged it into. Its a 32 inch Samsung and im using the HDMI from the pc into it..it has defaulted to 1920 x1080 the problem Im having is that it is not all on the screen...the windows symbol where "start" used to be is cut in half.. I have tried altering the resolutions etc but it doesnt seem to resolve this...any ideas ?

Secondly, any text on screen is really small..and I cannot read it...despite only being approx 3ft away...has this somethiing to do with the above ??

Many thanks

Ads

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Upload some pictures of the new P.C.! It looks like your using a T.V. monitor so you'll need to lower the resolution because they can't handle the better resolutions that computer monitors can.

Edit: Try and use a resolution of 1360 x 768, see if that looks ok.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
=P Use the DVI to HDMI adapter that you received with your computer hopefully.

EDIT: Silly me thats a female adapter so scrap that :p

Gishank

Bright Spark
You can pick up the adapters for around £2 or £3, places like PC World stock them (last I checked) or you could try Amazon.

Sleinous

Author Level
Ooh can you get make HDMI to female DVI? Hmm interesting. Anyway ye, try that, my monitor is a 1080p 'MonitorTV' 1920x1080 LG M237WDP and when I plugged a mHDMI to HDMI cable in it, the screen did like yours, too long etc, and the colours were ALL off. When I wacked in a DVI cable, perfect first time. I prefer to think of HDMI as a connection medium for TV to DVD player or BD Player or Hard disk recorder or something imo.