Hexacore CPU

BIGZIPZ

Hello. In the realm of hexacore home computing there are two choices:

1. Expensive as hell Intel 6 core cpu with extreme performance
2. Cheap AMD 6 core cpu with decent performance

Do any of you guys have any ideas when there is going to be something in the middle? You have a £200 cpu and a £700 cpu and nothing in the middle! When do you guys think we can expect 6 core CPU's from intel with a price somewhere in the middle?

steveuk87

Super Star
8-12 month approx as they are fairly new tech but you still wont get extremely good deals i dont think! personally i went with AMD due to price and it performs excellent for me neways :)

Steve

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye not till the manufacturing process of these cheapens somewhat, or they release one with considerably less clock speed

Gishank

Bright Spark
Whilst Intel offers better performence you will never have two current generation CPU's from both AMD and Intel within the same price ranges. At the end of the day, AMD's hexacore will perform extremely well and the average person (although they'd like to believe they do) won't notice the difference at all. Besides, in 8-12 months there'll most likely be 16-core CPU's on the verge of release given how technology is progressing recently. Lol.

Meds

As far as I'm aware (I may be wrong) but I don't think Intel have any plans to launch any new CPUs this year, it's probably going to be sometime during 2011. Right now, AMD offer better value for money with the 6 Core CPUs but no doubt Intel will become more affordable at some point.

Tom DWC

1. Expensive as hell Intel 6 core CPU with extreme performance.
2. Cheap AMD 6 core CPU with decent performance.

It's nice to see that some people can appreciate the difference between the two. There is of course no comparison. Some review sites compare the two head on which is just ridiculous - unable to realize the price point puts them in completely different leagues and that they should be reviewed as such a.k.a against those in their price bracket.

Last edited: