Hi, I'm new here

Tangepi

Hi guys Im Tang from Northern Ireland. Just ordered a new PC from here on Friday night. I bought it for gaming on a budget of 1000 quid. I just hope Ive ordered the right thing

Case COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8H67-M LX SI (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 2.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 2 x PCI
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6790 - DVI,HDMI,mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
Power Supply 450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling INTEL SOCKET LGA1155/1156 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Monitor IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080

So what ya think guys?

Gorman

Author Level
Hello and welcome,

Looks like a nice rig. The PSU could stand to be a bit higher rated and the sound card may be surplus depending if you need the extra connections it gives.

Tangepi

Looks like a nice rig. The PSU could stand to be a bit higher rated and the sound card may be surplus depending if you need the extra connections it gives

Had to go for the soundcard cos I record on PC too. Onboard sound has a 1-2 sec latency when recording

Thanks guys for the welcome

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
hello :p, a pc for gaming ey... why not join our pcs steam community, quite a diverse group of gamers playing everything from the next big thing, to those little wierd indie titles like 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Hi and welcome to the community,

I have to agree with my fellow PCS members, the PSU is a bit lacking for a £1000 gaming PC. I have a 650W PSU and my £685 PC uses up about 500W. Also I prefer Nvidia to ATI ^.^

anyways, that aside... enjoy your stay