Home plug problems

Blackdog

Bright Spark
Hey folks. I'm having some problems with my Internet, and I'm not sure whether the issue is with my home plug or not. I use three tp link 500Mmb/s home plugs to hook my flatmate's /my Pc up to our router. I'm currently unable to access the Internet using either of the two basic routers we have (I swapped them around and had the same issue.)

My flatmate is currently connected without problems however I am completely unable to get online. I have reset the homeplugs/network a few times and no change. When I troubleshoot using windows I am told "local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

Any ideas?

Blackdog

Bright Spark
A little update on this. After reading some stuff on this I ran cmd. Exe and went to Ipconfig/all and noted the physical address of my Etherley adapter connection. I the next step in most guides says that I should connect to my router via an Internet window and enable this address. However if I am unable to connect to the Internet how do I connect to my router?

bigben

Master Poster
Hey,

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. It was playing up on my desktop but my Dad's PC which is also homeplugged was fine.. A few days later the homeplug plugged into the router died..

I know that isn't much help at all but yeah...

bigben

Master Poster
However, my case might have been a coincidence.. Like I said, my Dad's PC was fine. I would have expected a dieing homeplug to affect the entire network (I have loads of the things)..