Hot GPU. Loud AIO. Need assitance or guidance

Have your case fans set to a static speed. 900RPM is absolutely fine.
Okay I will test this shortly. So keep the two front intake fans and the 1 exhaust fan on a constant 900 RPM. No curve? just static

For the AIO it sounds pretty much how I would expect. It's just wind noise rather than fan noise. I would be surprised if you needed anywhere near that amount of cooling though, especially with a gaming load.
Oh is wind noise seperate from fan noise? Have I been using the wrong term. It is incredibly loud though so it just seemed a bit much
For the AIO, leave it on quiet go for a gaming session with HWMonitor running in the background and see where your max temps end up. I would be surprised if the quiet profile didn't have you covered nicely.
Okay I will test this shortly. I will report back with images and findings and hopefully this helps figure out everything. I just want some peace of both figuratively and literally LMAOOOO

All my iCUE fans are on custom fixed or custom curve profiles, as I found the built-in curves were too aggressive. For example, on balanced the default curve would ramp the fans up & down rapidly for even small changes in temp.

I haven’t reset the profiles in iCUE 5, so don’t know if they’ve fixed it, but quiet mode was more aggressive/noisier than balanced mode…as if they’d flipped them over in error.
Yeah I have been having a ton of problems with cruves overall it all just seems a bit messy. I am attempting what the post below stated and I am going to report back with my findings!

Last edited:
Have your case fans set to a static speed. 900RPM is absolutely fine.

For the AIO it sounds pretty much how I would expect. It's just wind noise rather than fan noise. I would be surprised if you needed anywhere near that amount of cooling though, especially with a gaming load.

For the AIO, leave it on quiet go for a gaming session with HWMonitor running in the background and see where your max temps end up. I would be surprised if the quiet profile didn't have you covered nicely.
Okay I have followed everything as said. I know its not the best test but I played Fortnite for about 35 minutes. Everything maxed give or take some RTX feautures and lightnig settings. HWmonitor from I can see doesn't show anything out of the ordinary I don't think. My fans on the AIO even on quiet preset are reaching 1700rpm (very loud) as the coolant temp raises. Everything else stayed quiet and at 900RPM

Attachments

• Fan RPM new even on quiet.png
    Fan RPM new even on quiet.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HW Monitor gaming test.png
    HW Monitor gaming test.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 26

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don’t know what period the coolant temp graph spans, but it seems to say it hasn’t gone below 39°c.

The BIG difference between your’s and mine is I don’t have a volcano i9 to cool, but it doesn’t seem to have gone supernova either.

The quiet preset can only do so much to keep the fans quiet, as there’ll still be a point where they need to ramp up to try and reduce the coolant temp. I don’t believe the presets actually show the temps/rpms they’re mapped to.

Last edited:
I don’t know what period the coolant temp graph spans, but it seems to say it hasn’t gone below 39°c.

The BIG difference between your’s and mine is I don’t have a volcano i9 to cool, but it doesn’t seem to have gone supernova either.

The quiet preset can only do so much to keep the fans quiet, as there’ll still be a point where they need to ramp up to try and reduce the coolant temp. I don’t believe the presets actually show the temps/rpms they’re mapped to.
LMAOOOOOOO after owning an i9 I finally od understand that this thing is a literal Volcano.

Yeah i assumed the quiet preset basically says no when it actually needs to ramp up. I feel like it is stilll insanely loud though.

Im tempted to make a curve where it will max out at like 1200rpm but then mi worried about the coolant going out of control

Last edited:
You won't know until you try.
Well I deifnitely tried LMAO. I played Cyberpunk for about 20 minute with thigns mostly maxed 1440p. Was close to breaking 45 on the coolant

Attachments

• Coolant 1200RPM.png
    Coolant 1200RPM.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Overall Temps 1200RPM.png
    Overall Temps 1200RPM.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well I deifnitely tried LMAO. I played Cyberpunk for about 20 minute with thigns mostly maxed 1440p. Was close to breaking 45 on the coolant
So that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with those temps, although it looks like you've got the cooler set to static which you don't need, should be fan curve up to 1200.

As already said, 60 is where you need to start worrying.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have you got GTAV? That always hammered my CPU and gave me worst case for temps while gaming.

I'd et a custom curve tbh. When things get toasty you want the fans ramping but inside 50 on the coolant and 90 on the CPU temp I wouldn't be too fussed.

I'd like to see 80 on the CPU, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be overly concerned with 90 on an i9.

So that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with those temps, although it looks like you've got the cooler set to static which you don't need, should be fan curve up to 1200.

As already said, 60 is where you need to start worrying.
Oh really? I keep hearing so many conmflicting things like people saying once it htis 45 its really bad and so on.

The cooler? as in the three fans? It is set to a curve up to 1200 once it hit 40 it dstarts off at 800

Have you got GTAV? That always hammered my CPU and gave me worst case for temps while gaming.

I'd et a custom curve tbh. When things get toasty you want the fans ramping but inside 50 on the coolant and 90 on the CPU temp I wouldn't be too fussed.

I'd like to see 80 on the CPU, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be overly concerned with 90 on an i9.
I do have it I could install it for testing?

I changed thinigs yeterday for it to cruve up to 1600 RPM when it hits 40 degrees. It was keeping it at max 42 degrees. it was deinfitely loud but queiter than when to was going to 1800

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh really? I keep hearing so many conmflicting things like people saying once it htis 45 its really bad and so on.

The cooler? as in the three fans? It is set to a curve up to 1200 once it hit 40 it dstarts off at 800
As previously linked you don't have to worry until the coolant is 60c long term

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Have to agree, you're creating your own situation by not opting for optimum temps. The coolant temp and the CPU soak temp will go hand in hand.

Have to agree, you're creating your own situation by not opting for optimum temps. The coolant temp and the CPU soak temp will go hand in hand.
I apologise I do not understand what is meant by this? I am following the guidance being posted in this thread to have the best temps as well as keep the AIO noise to a minium? I am doing whats being said and posting the results

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I apologise I do not understand what is meant by this? I am following the guidance being posted in this thread to have the best temps as well as keep the AIO noise to a minium? I am doing whats being said and posting the results
But you’re thinking things are overheating when they’re not, so you’re backing off when things are perfectly fine

But you’re thinking things are overheating when they’re not, so you’re backing off when things are perfectly fine
Oh no I understand now after confirmation that Its not overheating you have mentioned it multiple times. And again the main purpose of this thread was to understand if temps were okay as well as to figure out why the AIO was so noisy. at the moment I have it set to 1600 curve which so far from testing keeps the coolant at 42 Degrees MAX. its not as loud as 1800 which is what is ramping up to before its better. Still very loud but and improvement. So I thank everyone in this thread so far for that

Keeping the case fans at a static 900 was also helpful. I have learnt things fromt this thread for sure. My main point was not being believed when I was stating and showing how loud my AIO was. All people are saying is "my AIO fans dont make a loud noise" which is great but I have shown the amount of noise that comes from mine on a higher load and no one has confirmedif its normal or defective. I am just being told the noise probably isnt coming from that when it is

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Oh no I understand now after confirmation that Its not overheating you have mentioned it multiple times. And again the main purpose of this thread was to understand if temps were okay as well as to figure out why the AIO was so noisy. at the moment I have it set to 1600 curve which so far from testing keeps the coolant at 42 Degrees MAX. its not as loud as 1800 which is what is ramping up to before its better. Still very loud but and improvement. So I thank everyone in this thread so far for that

Keeping the case fans at a static 900 was also helpful. I have learnt things fromt this thread for sure. My main point was not being believed when I was stating and showing how loud my AIO was. All people are saying is "my AIO fans dont make a loud noise" which is great but I have shown the amount of noise that comes from mine on a higher load and no one has confirmedif its normal or defective. I am just being told the noise probably isnt coming from that when it is

This is my point. Why 1600? Why not move the 1600 point to something like 50C, lower the 42C to around 1200 RPM and fill in the gaps in between.

There's way more room to play with than where you've settled :)

This is my point. Why 1600? Why not move the 1600 point to something like 50C, lower the 42C to around 1200 RPM and fill in the gaps in between.

There's way more room to play with than where you've settled :)
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH omg okay that makes so much more sense. I have realised exactly for some reason i was stuill fopcused on trying to keep it at like 42 even though 50 is perfectly fine with this i9 chip. I'm so stupid sorry about, I woulf need to run some tests and stuff for sure and see where the temperature falls and stuff