How did I do?

ndavies386

Hi all!! Newbie here :p

I was just wondering how this looks to everyone? Any feedback would be welcome.

Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.1, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)
16GB PCS PRO DDR4 2666MHz (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 - DVI, HDMI
1st M.2 SSD Drive
256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
1x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fan
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00027]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 For Gamers: 1 User, 3 Devices - 1 Year Subscription
Browser
Google Chrome™
Monitor
AOC 24G2U 24" 144Hz Gaming Monitor - DP
Keyboard & Mouse
CoolerMaster Devastator III Combo Keyboard and Mouse
Headsets
CORSAIR VOID RGB USB Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound - White

Aza

Rising Star
If you can post the link for the spec configuration, also, whats your budget and uses?
Can see you are buying a monitor and keyboard/mouse etc so assuming you dont have an old system this is a first computer?

This may be useful

Aza

Rising Star
It depends what it's for? If it is just a general office/home system, then it will do what's needed. However, the monitor, headset and K&M speak more to gaming, in which case it will struggle with most popular games released in the last 5 years
Just a lot of odd choices, that arent really balanced for any use to be fair.

Even just a simple home PC, theres a lot of changes i'd make, and theres some stuff like the case, Norton 360 and OS drive size that would be recommended against regardless.

Seems strange to put greater investment into the headset, keyboard, mouse and monitor than the actual machine itself.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Even just a simple home PC, theres a lot of changes i'd make, and theres some stuff like the case, Norton 360 and OS drive size that would be recommended against regardless.
Not forgetting a several generations old cpu

Aza

Rising Star
Not forgetting a several generations old cpu
True.

I think the 5600 isnt actually that different in price to it either is it?

Anyway, If the OP can give us a budget and some uses etc, i'm sure something can be recommended (even if its to wait a few months and save up)

ndavies386

Just a lot of odd choices, that arent really balanced for any use to be fair.

Seems strange to put greater investment into the headset, keyboard, mouse and monitor than the actual machine itself.
It was basically a bundle that was already put together, I think I just added the headset and a fan, no real reason for the fan to be honest lol.

I'm assuming this is quite a bad set up by all the comments? I basically play apex, osrs etc.

Aza

Rising Star
If its one of the preset/prebuilt systems, I can firmly recommend avoiding it....
The same budget will get you a far better system.

Whats your total budget, what do you need from it, what uses do you want it for other than the couple of games you mentioned (are there any niche games, anything like video or photo editing or work use (so any software you might want it to run).
If it was a bundle, am I right in thinking you have no current system/monitor/keyboard etc?

ndavies386

If its one of the preset/prebuilt systems, I can firmly recommend avoiding it....
The same budget will get you a far better system.

Whats your total budget, what do you need from it, what uses do you want it for other than the couple of games you mentioned (are there any niche games, anything like video or photo editing or work use (so any software you might want it to run).
If it was a bundle, am I right in thinking you have no current system/monitor/keyboard etc?
Thanks for the reply!!

I don't really want it to do anything other than play games to be honest, maybe store all my photos in one spot, but no kind of niche things.

You're right, I don't have anything at the moment. I basically use my Xbox one and used to run osrs on my laptop (very laggy now) and have always wanted a gaming pc for the experience etc.

Budget is a firm £1000 at the moment.

Aza

Rising Star
If that £1000 has to cover a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well as a system, honest best advice is to wait and save up as much as you can towards it.

You wont get anything at all worth having for that price, you might as well buy off the shelf. (Being brutally honest, £1000 isnt going to get a gaming rig worth having even without a monitor etc)

Custom builds are a bit different to what you'd buy in PCWorld etc, the idea is you invest at the start to build a machine that will last 10 years, every 3 years or so you then just upgrade the GPU to keep it current, rather than needing to buy a new computer every 3 or 4 years to keep up.

It costs more upfront, but then costs significantly less in total given the ten year lifespan. You can even squeeze a little extra by then doing things like upgrading the CPU in its last couple of years to the highest/most recent spec CPU the motherboard will take. (By that point, its still an old CPU going in, but newer than what you started with and often very cheap)

Theres a lot of new stuff due out in Autumn, most notably AMD's new CPU (7000 series) which will be on a completely new socket, so its the start of a brand new platform. Also new GPU's and things like PCIe 5.0 coming in to play and DDR5 hopefully getting a bit of a overhaul (as it currently stands its not particularly optimal and has high latency values, so very little gain over DDR4).

If you hold off until Sept/Oct and save up (I'd suggest at least another £500 or £600, if possible actually try to double the budget) you'd be able to put a solid 1440p system together on a new platform that will give you excellent performance and a good ten year lifespan and decent upgrade path.

ndavies386

If that £1000 has to cover a monitor, keyboard and mouse as well as a system, honest best advice is to wait and save up as much as you can towards it.

You wont get anything at all worth having for that price, you might as well buy off the shelf. (Being brutally honest, £1000 isnt going to get a gaming rig worth having even without a monitor etc)

Custom builds are a bit different to what you'd buy in PCWorld etc, the idea is you invest at the start to build a machine that will last 10 years, every 3 years or so you then just upgrade the GPU to keep it current, rather than needing to buy a new computer every 3 or 4 years to keep up.

It costs more upfront, but then costs significantly less in total given the ten year lifespan. You can even squeeze a little extra by then doing things like upgrading the CPU in its last couple of years to the highest/most recent spec CPU the motherboard will take. (By that point, its still an old CPU going in, but newer than what you started with and often very cheap)

Theres a lot of new stuff due out in Autumn, most notably AMD's new CPU (7000 series) which will be on a completely new socket, so its the start of a brand new platform. Also new GPU's and things like PCIe 5.0 coming in to play and DDR5 hopefully getting a bit of a overhaul (as it currently stands its not particularly optimal and has high latency values, so very little gain over DDR4).

If you hold off until Sept/Oct and save up (I'd suggest at least another £500 or £600, if possible actually try to double the budget) you'd be able to put a solid 1440p system together on a new platform that will give you excellent performance and a good ten year lifespan and decent upgrade path.
Ok thank you very much for the help and info!!