How important is a Blu-Ray Player?

MrRaich

Silver Level Poster
When people recommend a certain build for someone, they seem to always include a Blu-ray player (as well as a DVD ROM). I didn't think I'd need one - so I just stuck with the DVD ROM. I doubt I'l be watching many movies on my PC, so do you think it'l be fine? or is there something it does to games ect..

thanks in advance!

odie147

Well, eventually I think PC games might move to a blu-ray instead of having 3 DVDs for one game or whatever, but with digital distrubrution being as huge as it is now it's really up to you, I'd recommend it if you can squeeze it in your budget without comprising on anything else

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Iv'e got a blu-ray drive,but it would just be a waste of money if you don't watch blu-ray films.

Rakk

The Awesome
I don't have a blu-ray player and am perfectly fine without it :)
Games aren't coming out on blu-ray yet anyway and if they do, you could always add one later (when it'll be cheaper)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I never recommend them! If you need Blu Ray, you know you do, if you don't, you know you don't :D

One day soon no doubt they will be standard, but for now, I cant really see a need for them, unless your rig is the only means you have to watch Blu Rays...if you indeed have any :D