How to reboot to factory settings without CD?

-Silent-

I want to reboot my PC to factory settings and as its not a make like DELL or HP etc. im not sure how to do it because its custom made.. please? do you have any ideas on what to do?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It's only possible if a recovery partition was created by the builder or they supplied recovery disk/s.
I'm assuming you dont have an OS disk.
Best bet would be to get in touch with them if possible ,as the key to access it on startup could be anything,
most commonly F11/F12/F10/F9.or it might be accessible from advanced boot options usually(F8)
You could try typing "recovery" in search box to see if a recovery manager has been installed or search manually for such a program.
If there is one it should give you the option of making recovery disk or disks & possibly the option to access the recovery process on restart.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
If you have a recovery partition you will need to bash a specific key on startup, if no recovery partition is present then you should have been given a recovery disk, or an option to burn your own.

Do you remember having a disk for it at any point? I would have thought being a custom build you would be sent the windows disk with your pc.