How to remove SSD from case??

inlandempire

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there!

I bought my pc from you guys in january with a 120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD. The case is PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE.

How do i take the ssd out? It looks like glued to the case! Just for the record.. could i just unplug the cables connected to the vertex and plug them into the new ssd i'm getting tomorrow? Could I just put the new ssd on the top of the vertex?

Thanks a lot

Rakk

The Awesome
It should either just need sliding out, or its possibly screwed in.
It won't be glued in :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Unplug the pc first, make sure you are earthed, use a static wrist strap if you have one.

You will probably have to remove the side panels, then unplug the power cable, and sata cable. depending how it has been mounted in your case you will have to unscrew it.

When you put the new one in make sure its mounted properly.

Can I ask though, why are you buying a new SSD? I have the 60gb version of the vertex 2, and its amazingly fast.

inlandempire

Bronze Level Poster
Unplug the pc first, make sure you are earthed, use a static wrist strap if you have one.

You will probably have to remove the side panels, then unplug the power cable, and sata cable. depending how it has been mounted in your case you will have to unscrew it.

When you put the new one in make sure its mounted properly.

Can I ask though, why are you buying a new SSD? I have the 60gb version of the vertex 2, and its amazingly fast.

i think i'm going to take a picture of the case because for me it's almost impossible to take the ssd out :turned:

i literally cannot almost reach the ssd cause it's stuck deep inside :(

as for why i'm buying a new one.. http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=vertex+2+fail&pbx=1&oq=vertex+2+fail&aq=f&aqi=g2g-m2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=442l2402l0l2915l13l12l0l0l0l0l172l1092l9.3l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=6439425313f5f75c&biw=1920&bih=965

the other day i suddenly couldn't get into windows anymore..hard drive not detected and stuff..it's just really unreliable unfortunately, very prone to failing..then i managed to get to windows but the ssd was just hanging etc..i was lucky enough to back up all my data..