How to setup SLi(help)

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Hello guys. i received my PC yesterday and its just Awesome, thank you PCS :).

OK gonna get to the point, i am wanting to SLI my GTX 670 in a few weeks and i have been watchin tutorials on YouTube how to install. I am happy with most of the things i have to do, I'm just confused about one thing...where is the lead what connects to my second graphics card. I believe its called a PCI-E or something. Will it be hidden somewhere inside my case or do i have to buy this lead. totally confused because i cant see it on my PC.

I have the SLI bridge ready and all i need to do it order my second gtx 670 but i cant find the PCI-E lead. Any help will be appreciated :)

Thank you.

PS, hope this makes sense lol.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
All you should need to do is connect the card to the PCI-E slot then connect power cable/s to it and connect the cards with the bridge.

steaky360

What PSU do you have? If its modular then it will be in your welcome pack with a number of other cables, if not then it will be coming from your PSU :)

Modular_vs_non-modular_PSU.JPG

The one on the left is modular (the cables unplug) the one on the right is not modular (they are all permanently attached).

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
There should be spare power cables inside the case unless you have a modular PSU,in which case cables should be supplied in your welcome pack.
Edit. Lol,I'm getting slow.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE

there are some cables in my welcome pack, but again where do i connect these cables too lmaooo sorry guys. i feel so noob :D

I think its not modular. just wires coming out of the PSU.

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace

there are some cables in my welcome pack, but again where do i connect these cables too lmaooo sorry guys. i feel so noob :D
That's a non modular PSU,there should be spare power cables inside the computer case.

keynes

Multiverse Poster

I don't think it is modular, the power cables should come from the PSU inside your case.

steaky360

There might be enough cables already attached, however if not, you will need 2x the 6pin cables (the black slots on the right)

40856-3_800_800_121109014620.png

Edit, however as Vanthus and Keynes have pointed out its non-modular so they should be hidden away somewhere inside your case :)

If you follow the cables out from the PSU you should be able to see where PCS have stashed them.

Tom DWC

Follow the cables from your current graphics card back to the power supply, you need to connect another set of these cables to the new card, which will be attached to your power supply already (they might be tucked away somewhere so you might need to cut a cable tie or something).

You can put the bridge across from either of the two points on the cards.

*I'm being slow.

Last edited:

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Ok i think i no what im doing now. im guessing these leads what are tucked away are on the other side of the case. (behind the other side panel?)

There are no loose wires to be seen in the case.

steaky360

Most likely, you are looking for 2 of these :

pcie-connectors.jpg

NOTE: You might find the connections on your PSU are like the ones on the left or the right, they are both ok. They might not have PCI-E written on them either.

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Yeh im guessing there on the other side of the case tucked away behind the side panel. Thank you all for the help and i will be back when i get my new graphics card for more pointers if im struggling lol. i tend to panic when i don't no what im doing lol :)

Markola727

Bronze Level Poster
Hello guys, I'm back!! lol. Next tuesday im going to be buyin my second GTX 670, but im wondering if this card thinking about buying is gonna be better for SLI becuase of its fans. Also would like to no if its going to fit ok?

Here is the Card im going to Buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item4d0bc082dc

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM TROOPER - GAMING ENTHUSIAST CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LK: PCI-E 3.0 READY, SLI, CROSSFIREX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£27)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£89)
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)
Extra Case Fans
2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof) (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Miscellaneous
FREE METRO: LAST LIGHT GAME with GTX 660 & UPWARDS GPUs!
Quantity