Iconico RTX 3070 Awful Performance

kshina

Hope you get it sorted man.

This really has put me off getting laptop from here (was almost 90% sure with Ionico or ELiminia Pro) amongst other issues people been having.

Shouldn't PCS been helping you sort this out? Is there no after sale support of some kind? Its great people are here to help which is reassuring of sort

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

This really has put me off getting laptop from here (was almost 90% sure with Ionico or ELiminia Pro) amongst other issues people been having.

Shouldn't PCS been helping you sort this out? Is there no after sale support of some kind?
He didn’t order windows, it’s nothing to do with PCS.

This is a lesson for anyone reading, a custom laptop or PC is nothing like a branded one. You have to know how to configure windows properly and manage drivers.

If you don’t know how to do that then you’ll need to buy windows and that entitles you to software support.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster

Shouldn't PCS been helping you sort this out? Is there no after sale support of some kind? Its great people are here to help which is reassuring of sort
I've been on the phone with PCS multiple times throughout this ordeal. They've been as helpful as they can be, but they didn't really offer a solution to the issue other than bringing it in for repairs.

He didn’t order windows, it’s nothing to do with PCS.

This is a lesson for anyone reading, a custom laptop or PC is nothing like a branded one. You have to know how to configure windows properly and manage drivers.

If you don’t know how to do that then you’ll need to buy windows and that entitles you to software support.
I've bought laptops with no OS before, from PCS and not had issues like this. Honestly, I think you are jumping the gun a little here. Why is the idea that a serious hardware fault so impossible?

We can see tomorrow. At least if you can help me configure windows, we can at least write that off as an issue.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Hardware faults do happen yes - but I have to say I've helped now on these forums for about the last 4 to 5 months, and near enough 95% or even a bit more of the faults reported have been under the following categories:

i) dislodged items during transit.
ii) software / windows config related.

and been sorted then quite quickly for everyone - unfortunately yours is taking that little bit longer, but its always best to exhaust as much as possible software wise before returning thinking it is hardware as if PCS cant replicate the fault you get it back as is....

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Unfortunately I'm not going to have the time today to describe how to get detailed performance monitor data.

TBH it's going to make more sense for @SpyderTracks to walk you through a full reinstall. :)
Okay no problem. I’ll see what @SpyderTracks says. It would be great if we could fix the issue without having to send it back for an RMA. Thanks anyway!

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Let's do it.

So firstly, make sure you have an up to date bootable image using the microsoft tool here:

Then boot the USB, and the very first thing you need to delete ALL the partitions on the OS disk (usually disk 0) and then install windows to the blank space
Okay, I've already done exactly this for each of my installs. Could you please detail what I should do after windows has installed? Like step-by-step if possible thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay, I've already done exactly this for each of my installs. Could you please detail what I should do after windows has installed? Like step-by-step if possible thanks!
I'll go through it step by step, I won't outline it in whole because something will get missed.

Just let me know once you've completed that first part.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
I clicked the format button on the windows install. Like this -

Attachments

• GPT.png
    GPT.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 337

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, that’s not a format, it’s just deleting partitions.

Format is a whole different thing which is why I was confused.

So now get into windows, make sure it’s licensed and run windows updates until none are left.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Ok, that’s not a format, it’s just deleting partitions.

Format is a whole different thing which is why I was confused.

So now get into windows, make sure it’s licensed and run windows updates until none are left.
Okay, windows is activated and all updates installed.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Wait.....

Are you saying that on install you formatted the Windows partition, left all the other partitions alone, and then installed Windows into that formatted partition?

That's not the way to do it. Those other UEFI partitions may now be out of sync with your Windows partition, because they will be holding data from the previous install. I don't know how or why that's causing performance issues but that's not the way to install Windows.

When you get to this point.....

gpt-png.23575

...you should delete ALL those partitions so that the whole of Drive 0 shows as 'unallocated space'. Then you highlight that unallocated space and click the Next button. The installer will create the appropriate partition structure, populate the partitions and install Windows.

I would redo the install again, deleting all partitions as described above.....

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Wait.....

Are you saying that on install you formatted the Windows partition, left all the other partitions alone, and then installed Windows into that formatted partition?

That's not the way to do it. Those other UEFI partitions may now be out of sync with your Windows partition, because they will be holding data from the previous install. I don't know how or why that's causing performance issues but that's not the way to install Windows.

When you get to this point.....

gpt-png.23575

...you should delete ALL those partitions so that the whole of Drive 0 shows as 'unallocated space'. Then you highlight that unallocated space and click the Next button. The installer will create the appropriate partition structure, populate the partitions and install Windows.

I would redo the install again, deleting all partitions as described above.....
That was an example and not my actual partitions...