Iconico RTX 3070 Awful Performance

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
But you are deleting all partitions?
When you say “delete” are you saying I should click the “delete” button, or the “format”. Because now I am confused.

When I install, I click format on my two active drives and then click install

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When you say “delete” are you saying I should click the “delete” button, or the “format”. Because now I am confused.

When I install, I click format on my two active drives and then click install
You should click the delete button for each of those partitions on the disc thaqt you are going to install the OS on then as @ubuysa said in his post above highlight the unallocated space and install the OS there

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
@ubuysa @Martinr36 Okay so just to be clear, I am going to do another install fresh but this time I’ll delete all partitions.

This is what my partitions look like atm. Am I okay to delete all of them?

Attachments

• D054A55B-79C9-44CF-9841-619EE074B748.jpeg
    D054A55B-79C9-44CF-9841-619EE074B748.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 76A4E7B5-E1F1-410D-A16D-6C669846662A.jpeg
    76A4E7B5-E1F1-410D-A16D-6C669846662A.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 166

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think I see your problem. You seem to have two separate Windows systems installed spread across your two drives. That's a recipe for disaster.

If you have any user data on those drives be sure to back it up. Then delete (using the Delete icon) all of those oartitions so that both Drive 0 and Drive 1 show just unallocated space.

Based on the size of the unallocated space on each drive you can tell which is which. Decide which drive is going to be your Windows drive.

On the non-Windows drive (your user data drive) click the unallocated space and then the New icon. Make the size the entire size of the drive. Then highlight the partition created and click the Format icon. This will prepare your user data drive for use.

On the Windows drive (your system drive) click the unallocated space and then click the Next button at the bottom. This will install Windows.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
I think I see your problem. You seem to have two separate Windows systems installed spread across your two drives. That's a recipe for disaster.

If you have any user data on those drives be sure to back it up. Then delete (using the Delete icon) all of those oartitions so that both Drive 0 and Drive 1 show just unallocated space.

Based on the size of the unallocated space on each drive you can tell which is which. Decide which drive is going to be your Windows drive.

On the non-Windows drive (your user data drive) click the unallocated space and then the New icon. Make the size the entire size of the drive. Then highlight the partition created and click the Format icon. This will prepare your user data drive for use.

On the Windows drive (your system drive) click the unallocated space and then click the Next button at the bottom. This will install Windows.
Okay thanks for your clear and concise instructions. I’ve done exactly as you’ve said and windows has begun installing again

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for your patience too... I’m going to feel very guilty when this all turns out to be my dumb failing..

angelo994

Silver Level Poster

Attachments

• 6AC90026-58F6-4678-9F81-5BCC72FD607E.png
    6AC90026-58F6-4678-9F81-5BCC72FD607E.png
    784.1 KB · Views: 177
  • C5C9A475-2E55-41A6-B2BE-92FC4D33EBE8.png
    C5C9A475-2E55-41A6-B2BE-92FC4D33EBE8.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 163

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The chipset driver should sort those. Did you say earlier that PCS have sent you a chipset driver? Install that if so, otherwise see whether there is one in your downloads section.

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
The chipset driver should sort those. Did you say earlier that PCS have sent you a chipset driver? Install that if so, otherwise see whether there is one in your downloads section.
Yes PCS sent me all the drivers via email. The tech/downloads section of my account still hasn’t been updated with drivers yet...

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
Okay, so I've installed the Chipset driver provided by PCS. I then installed the Intel Updater. This is my Device Manager now.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    289.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    297.6 KB · Views: 149

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When you come to test it i would suggest you use firestrike downloaded from the link in the post linked below and post your results there as well

angelo994

Silver Level Poster
When you come to test it i would suggest you use firestrike downloaded from the link in the post linked below and post your results there as well

Okay sure thing. So what should my next step be now? Install Nvida GeForce Experience?