In Building!!! For 4 working days + weekend

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
My laptop has been in building for 6 days (4 of them working days) I ordered the laptop on the 8th August hoping it would be ready by today at the very latest. I'm off back to work today but its looking like I won't be getting it! I'm ringing up at midday (ish) to see if its ready.

Been emailing enquiries about my laptop and they must be proper sick of me at present, they said they would try to get it done for friday just gone but nothing happened, then they said they would try to get it done for yesterday and delivered today, but nothing has happened. I know these dates are not guaranteed and the only guarantee you have is to get it delivered within 30 days. But I feel i've been given false hope, i'm at work from tonight, driving from Middlesbrough to Portsmouth and i'm at work for a week and it now looks like i'm going to be bored on the ship for 7 days as i'm duty for a whole week!!!

Its going to be so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Bright Spark
Patience... none of us have it when waiting for a pc or parts.

Rest assured they will get it to you asap dude.

If you really wanted it that quickly you should have gone with the fast track option of either a 3 day or 5 day dispatch.

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
I know, i'm the most impatient person in the world!! :) I did ask for the fast track option and they said they are pushing to get it to me for Friday/Saturday (Last week). I did add it to my order but as i had asked for a bag (Targus) it didn't add it and didn't warn me until I looked at my order a few days later. I tried to change it online but didn't but when they said they were pushing to get it to be for fri/sat, I thought, i don't even need the fast track.

Oh well, good job I enjoy waiting not haha. Its my own fault really. As i've already sold by previous laptop so i've put myself in this situation.

Meds

Hi mcyates,

I can inform you that your Laptop is now in Testing and you are due an automated update any time now - should get to you sometime this morning. Your order will be dispatched very soon, most likely within the next 24 - 48 hours - keep an eye on your inbox!

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Hi mcyates,

I can inform you that your Laptop is now in Testing and you are due an automated update any time now - should get to you sometime this morning. Your order will be dispatched very soon, most likely within the next 24 - 48 hours - keep an eye on your inbox!

Thanks Meds, but I'm coming to collect it at about 4 ish! If its finished testing!

What time do you close, and can you make sure it doesn't get dispatched lol. Your just off the m1 and as i'm travelling down the M1, i'm going to make the d-tour :D

Meds

Oh right, did you speak to a member of our Sales Team about collecting the Laptop?

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Oh right, did you speak to a member of our Sales Team about collecting the Laptop?

Yeah they said just ring up to confirm its ready before i set off. Obviously if its not ready then i won't be collecting it. How long does the testing take? What tests are carried out?

Thanks

Meds

The Testing Stage includes the installation of the OS, software etc then a number of hardware burn-in & stress tests to ensure all components are working correctly - basically we push the system to maximum load for an extended period of time, if something was going to fail it would fail here rather than with you :)

This generally takes 24 - 48 hours so I don't want to built your hopes up of being able to collect the Laptop today but I will keep you updated. Do you travel past here on a day to day basis or just twice a week?

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Well its usually twice a week. I'm doing Summer duties at the moment so I'm travelling down to Portsmouth this afternoon and then back up on the 25th August.

Thanks

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Hello,

Do you have any updates. As i'll have to set off at 14:30 to make it in good time. If its not ready then i'll be setting off at 5pm to go straight to Pompey.

Just put me out my misery lol! :)

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
This order is not going to be ready today, sorry :(

Thats ok, I just got an email from enquiries saying its in testing and should be with me very soon. Well please can you just deliver it once its ready as there is no point picking it up now. I'll have to wait 7 more days now, this also mean i'll have to work for 7 days rather than sit on my computer arghh!! But saying that I might actually get something done lol.

Thanks

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Thank You very much.

Bye for now :D I'll let you know what its like when i open it up a week tomorrow :D

Clayborne

I'm in a similar situation. My PC, ordered on the 1st of this month, has now been in testing for about 10 days (7 working days, which was the earliest estimate for delivery). I understand the estimate is only an estimate and that delays can happen, but 7 days seems a bit excessive for a phase that usually takes 24 hours. The last I heard was that a new motherboard had to be installed, but that was on the 16th, and I've heard nothing else since then except an email on the 17th saying there was a 'slight delay' in the testing process.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with it? Did more faulty components have to be replaced?

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone tell me what's going on with it? Did more faulty components have to be replaced?

Can't see any news on the system - please contact our call centre for an update if required. Naturally though we will dispatch this computer to you as soon as possible. :)