In Testing... how long now

LiamA

My laptop's been on 'In testing' since early yesterday (the same day it changed from 'pre-production' to 'in building'. How long, roughly, will it be before it is dispatched, as I'm gonna have to be at home to sign for it, and I'll need some degree of notice :) Tis order 387117 if this helps anyone @ pcs :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You can phone 0844 499 4000 and arrange a day that suits you, as long as its ON or AFTER the earliest delivery date. This means you might get it a day later than it could arrive, but at least you'd be able to arrange to be there.

DED

Zainy

True. My pc went from pre production to built and tested and ready for dispatch in 3 working days but I wasn't able to be at home that week so I asked them to hold onto it till this week which they did very easily after a quick phone call.

Gorman

Author Level
As it is in testing i am not going to touch giving a guess dispatch date with a barge pole.

It all depends on how the testing goes :p

LiamA

Mind you, they might finish testing before it shows; yesterday mine went from Pre-production to testing instantly...

Gorman

Author Level
What i mean is, if there is a problem uncovered during testing / qc any estimate will be wrong.

LFFPicard

Godlike
As Gorman said.

Testing / QC usually takes 24-48hours, If it went into testing after 3pm yesterday dont expect it to be dispatched if no issues are found.
If all goes well I would guess a dispatch date of tomorrow for Friday delivery. But as everyone has said be for this is pure speculation based on Testing / QC not finding any issues.

LiamA

Went in @ about 12ish I think; if there are any delays with testing do they let you know or leave for you to ask you?

LFFPicard

Godlike
If there is a problem it will be mentioned on your account and I believe you will get an email.

But don't forget Testing / QC can be between 24-48hours so it may still run overnight yet.

Meds

Went in @ about 12ish I think; if there are any delays with testing do they let you know or leave for you to ask you?

If the delays are significant for example, a component fails and we have to wait for a delivery for it's replacement then we'd normally be in touch. But if there are a couple teething issues during testing which we need to take a look at then we don't normally contact the customer as it won't take long to fix :D

LiamA

Been in testing for 3 days now since it went in; page says 24-48 hours unless a problem occurs; don't suppose anyone at PCS can check whether there's been any problems with order 387117? :) Or whether it's even in testing at all; they built it without marking it as 'in building' on the site...

LiamA

Ah, problem solved, they need to swap the wireless card and Bluetooth cord for a combined one. Plus it went from testing straight to Awaiting Dispatch, so they QC'd it without updating the site. So no probs at all, will probably see it Monday