In your experience..

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
I know it'll vary but, once your received the 'order has been built' email, how long did you have to wait for the dispatch confirmation?

Thanks

Gorman

Author Level
built > tested > QC > awaiting dispatch > dispatched

Typically, if there are no issues testing / QC then i would expect 2-3 days.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Thanks - this wait is killing me, not knowing whether or not it'll come before the swtor beta test which is likely happening this coming weekend :p

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
I guess what doesn't help is the status updates, 'in building' means already built etc, so ya never quite know whether its started the next phase yet (testing).

In fact if you can confirm? Order :425027

Gorman

Author Level
Its been in building, next stop testing, thats really all there is to know at the minute. Any sort of guesstimate would be just that as far as dispatch date goes. Although i could probably nail it to within the day, all im going to do is set you up for dissapointment if its delayed at any point due to unforseens.

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Mentioned before manxjason, we are in the same boat i would guess our machines are sitting next to each other waiting on the testing, and i'm the same for the swtor beta test as well, hopeing i will get mine before the weekend :)

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the update and apologies for the impatience.

Haha yeah likely side by side in PCS mate. Fingers crossed for Beta dude!!!

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Haha yeah likely side by side in PCS mate. Fingers crossed for Beta dude!!!

I am looking forward to the beta, though i am not expecting much at this stage, i can't see it living upto the hype so am hoping it will suprise me.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Along with BF3, i think it'll be one of the only ones to live up to the hype. I guess a big factor, like in any mmo's, is who you are playing with and the community of the server you're on - so don't take whatever you find in Beta, to heart.

I'm moving to it with about 30 others from www.iogaming.co.uk who i played WoW with for some time - great bunch of people so I know it'll be a good crack. If you know no one in the mmo community then you're welcome to come along with us for the ride!

I honesty do think it'll live up to the hype though - so much money has gone in to this game, and it's nice to know that the developers take in to account what the players want. It's definitely going to knock WoW off the top spot after the annoucement of pandas in the next expansion - how silly.. a new class and increased level cap, oh yeah, and pandas??

Hutball with a bunch of people you know on Vent/TS would be a right laugh

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
oh and another, SWTOR isn't like other MMO's, it's focused on giving the user a unique levelling experience, so I wouldnt recommend trying to hit max level asap by farming instances etc. Sit back and enjoy - plenty of time left for end game content

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
I agree with you on wow what are they thinking?

playing rift at the moment which offers me a nice take on the mmo, and i never try to rush through any mmo as i try to enjoy the world that's been created

trying not to raise my expectations too much as i did that with startrek online, and the bugs and lack of any decent gameplay put me off it for life. (it might have improved since launch)
by keeping my expectations low hoping to be blown away with it when i get to play the beta and then the full game in december