Increasing CPU / chasis fan speed?

PC_Gamer

I've had my pc for 2 days now and so far It's been pretty great. The only thing that concerns me is that my cpu temps reach 50C while playing minecraft. Obviously I want the components inside to be as cool as possible and the best way it seems to achieving this would be increasing the CPU fan speed. However, I've yet to find a method that actually works. I've looked in the bios, tried third party application etc. Do you know of any working ways in which I can achieve this?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'll throw in my two pence :)

do you have a asus motherboard? if so, install Asus probe II, its on the motherboard cd.

it allows you to observe and manage fan speeds and temps, really mega super easy to do.

Just let it install and click on fan expert, will have different profiles for the cpu fan, I'd suggest "turbo" to start with. See how temps perform then, if you are not happy then you could set up your own speed profile, but try the turbo profile first.

oh erm dont connect a fan controller to your cpu fans. cpu fans need to be connected to the cpu fan header on motherboard otherwise I'm pretty sure the pc wont boot. Also the motherboard will know better than a a pc user that has fan controller how fast the fan needs to spin to cool the cpu. I'd only use a fan controller for case fans.

what cpu cooler do you have? also cpu and motherboard?

edit - post up ya whole spec dude,

temps of 50c are not too high, I dunno what minecraft is or how cpu dependant it is, but my often gets to 50c when on bf3.

Just pop up ya spec n will go from there. :)

Last edited: