Indie game recommendations

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
There's a whole world of fun indie games out there. Just doing my bit to get some more eyes on a few that I like the look of!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Citizen Sleeper is out tomorrow and early reviews are looking pretty good. The developer's previous game In Other Waters was an amazing experience, and this is looking promising. The game is set in a ruined space station, while you're a "sleeper" - digistised human consciousness in a human body - which gives me Blade Runner vibes to be honest.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Source of Madness released today (although it did have an early access release on Steam) and the most eye-catching review for me was "If Bloodborne and Dead Cells had a love child..."

Those are both pretty good games, so it certainly has my attention!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Swimbo… I mean Silt has been released. Reviews are generally positive and I’ll likely be picking it up in a future steam sale.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
A new point & click adventure released this week which currently has a 100% rating from 19 reviews. I'm loving the old school pixel art style, but they've done some pretty impressive things with the lighting.

ss_48cdf0a07dfbfc6ec753c23406912f841da6144e.1920x1080.jpg

It has some definite horror themes with the opening scene being a bit on the gruesome side (as far as pixel art can get gruesome), but is well worth a play from what I've seen so far.

D

Deleted member 41971

A new point & click adventure released this week which currently has a 100% rating from 19 reviews. I'm loving the old school pixel art style, but they've done some pretty impressive things with the lighting.

ss_48cdf0a07dfbfc6ec753c23406912f841da6144e.1920x1080.jpg

It has some definite horror themes with the opening scene being a bit on the gruesome side (as far as pixel art can get gruesome), but is well worth a play from what I've seen so far.

i do like that simplistic graphic style, it makes a nice change from the AAA titles, sometimes its nice to play a niche title rather than a big budget one.

D

Deleted member 41971

That’s what was so refreshing about Thimbleweed Park for me, it reminded me of a simpler time…

View attachment 33897

funny that for some gamers, the most top end AAA game does not always hold the same interest as it once did but rather a simpler title seems better, not sure if certain generations had imagination and therefore are perfectly happy with a more retro game etc, interesting thought.

D

Deleted member 41971

this could be considered an indie game, currently 1.43 until tues 21st June 2022

D

Deleted member 41971

this game maybe worth a punt, 9.49 until thurs 23rd june 2022 although still early access at the moment

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
this game maybe worth a punt, 9.49 until thurs 23rd june 2022 although still early access at the moment

Has been on my wishlist for more than 2 years. I like the look of it, but haven't quite pulled the trigger just yet!

D

Deleted member 41971

well, you can't get much better than 79p, seems to have good reviews, on offer until 7th July steam sale

polycrac

Rising Star
Some old, but free ones to try: battle for Wesnoth and MegaGlest. First is turn based 2d strategy, the second is real time 3d. Simple graphics but what I love is the open-source fan support that's let them grow into decent games, with loads of extra content.

D

Deleted member 41971

until end of steam sale, 1.09p