Installing another GTX 780 ti

Rustilol

Bronze Level Poster
Couple of questions!

1. Will my mobo (motherboard) come with an SLI bridge?
2. Will 850W be enough for 2 GTX 780 ti's
3. Is it possible to have 2 different models of gtx 780 ti? e.g one is ASUS other GIGABYTE?

Thanks a lot ;)

Planning to upgrade in a year or two :p

Hi mate

1. Yes it does, I have same mobo and SLI bridge came with it.
2. Yes, I have 750w PSU and 2x 770s. A 770 uses 230w, a 780ti uses 250w. My CPU is overclocked substantially and also drains more power.
3. Yes its fine.

It will seriously be ok, assuming you have standard pc components. If you have like 8 HDDs or 20 fans then maybe not. There are multiple wattage calculators about on the web and you can put in exact component and itll tell you what you should have.

Remeber the PCS one calculates it as if ALL components running at maximum, then +20% just in case. 1000 -20% = 800, you have 850 so still a good 5% over the MAXIMUM you need :)

I hope this helps! <3 Good luck x

Last edited:

VenatoS

Hi mate

1. Yes it does, I have same mobo and SLI bridge came with it.
2. Yes, I have 750w PSU and 2x 770s. A 770 uses 230w, a 780ti uses 250w. My CPU is overclocked substantially and also drains more power.
3. Yes its fine.

It will seriously be ok, assuming you have standard pc components. If you have like 8 HDDs or 20 fans then maybe not. There are multiple wattage calculators about on the web and you can put in exact component and itll tell you what you should have.

Remeber the PCS one calculates it as if ALL components running at maximum, then +20% just in case. 1000 -20% = 800, you have 850 so still a good 5% over the MAXIMUM you need :)

I hope this helps! <3 Good luck x

Thanks man :)

I guess that helps to make things clear in the future :)