Intel 14th Gen

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm curious how he has been running the chip in the mid 70s with temps though, something strange there where everyone else hits TJMax in seconds with 360mm AIO bench cooling.
I didn't even see that, that is interesting, will have to watch it again closely.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I didn't even see that, that is interesting, will have to watch it again closely.

He mentioned that he was on a "small" cooler in the test rig that he used. He then went on towards the end about how the 13900k was hitting mid 80s where the 14900k was mid 70s with the same performance (due to having to punch the 13900k to 320w). How he's cooling 320w to even mid 80s is beyond me, it seems very fishy to me.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
He must have the ultra-limited-J2C-edition which is actually a 7700 with a different label stuck on it :unsure:

Although all these new benchmarks makes we want to upgrade to a 5800x3D for the pure gaming boost it offers over my 5800X...but my upgrade tool still only offers me stuff that I can't fit - although if PCS are happy to change the motherboard & RAM (for free?) if I were to send it in for the offered 7800x3D upgrade, I'd be very happy ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is hilarious, GN spend a good 5 minutes of the first section reacting to someone commenting on the previous video that they were unclear if it was sarcasm or not

This is the 14600k review

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

cool

One of the key marketing claims made by Intel for their 14th Gen Core series centered around its overclocking potential. This declaration was promptly put to the test by the overclocking community, which wasted no time in establishing a new 9.04 GHz world record for the highest frequency ever achieved on a consumer processor. It’s important to note, however, that such world records are far removed from real-world usage scenarios and primarily involve capturing and confirming peak frequencies through the use of lightweight software that boosts the processor cores.

Another noteworthy overclocking endeavor took place during IEM Sydney. The Australian OC team equipped their system with a discrete GPU, likely an RTX 4090, and paired it with the latest Core i9-14900KF CPU, which already boasts a maximum boost clock of 6.0 GHz. Team AU’s overclocking team managed to push the CPU’s clock speed to 8 GHz across all P-cores, while E-Cores were disabled, achieving an impressive average frame rate ranging from 900 to 1300 FPS, as evidenced by their videos.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have to put GNs incredible latest graph up here, it truly is remarkable.

Key: the D for intel is the power sign once you x 3d obviously. So based off that, we're assuming the K for intel stands for Kelvin as the temperature it runs at?

unnamed.png

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well, that seems to say they're ever-so-slightly better than 13th Gen, and use ever-so-slightly more power than 13th Gen - seems they've just turned them up to 10.1 on the dial.