Ionico 17 issues?

cmoto

ok so the speakers on this Notebook are just biggest crap πŸ™„ anyway thanks for help guys πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

cmoto

Sorry people, another issue I have to share /need feedback...

Is this normal? So much bleeding! I can even draw /paint with my finger.

Is this some special feature of this Ionicos or did I get a faulty screen?

Attachments

• Resizer_16156935370501.jpg
    Resizer_16156935370501.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Resizer_16156935370500.jpg
    Resizer_16156935370500.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Resizer_16156935370502.jpg
    Resizer_16156935370502.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Resizer_16156935370503.jpg
    Resizer_16156935370503.jpg
    893.1 KB · Views: 188

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

You should never touch a laptop screen, it's liquid crystal, so touching it displaces the crystals. Not good.

Backlight bleed is a downside of IPS panels.

cmoto

guys, new update here...

Something realy wrong with sound...

I opened my Notebook to check if all connectors are where they should be and I saw two missing... can someone confirm if it should be like this?

Also I disconnected the soundboxes and connected the ones from my old notebook.

same crap, no good sound... And the other ones are crazy loud and with verry good bass on my old notebook. So I tryed this Ionico boxes on my old Notebook(vice versa) Wow.. impressive sound

devinitively something wrong with sound card or drivers!

Help me please πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_150723.jpg
    IMG_20210315_150723.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:

barlew

Godlike

Last years model had really bad backlight bleed so I'm not really surprised.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
guys, new update here...

Something realy wrong with sound...

I opened my Notebook to check if all connectors are where they should be and I saw two missing... can someone confirm if it should be like this?

Also I disconnected the soundboxes and connected the ones from my old notebook.

same crap, no good sound... And the other ones are crazy loud and with verry good bass on my old notebook. So I tryed this Ionico boxes on my old Notebook(vice versa) Wow.. impressive sound

devinitively something wrong with sound card or drivers!

Help me please πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Have you installed THX? Sound isn’t configured until that’s installed.

cmoto

yes thx is installed but I cant find a programm or intterface. Does it even have one or is it just a driver? Also why do we need this driver if we have realtek audio?

cmoto

I tryed also razer thx spatial audio.... no change . absolutely broken sound like an old phone. Someone does have another idea? I mean i checked the boxes on my old book... Something fishy here. Boxes are great on old Notebook, terrible on new book. I will post my devicemanager maybe it can help you guys to help me xD

cmoto

here are my devices and my software.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-16 000835.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-16 000835.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot 2021-03-16 001046.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-16 001046.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 151

Macco26

Expert
I can confirm that neithr my Ionico has a THX app launchable, despite I installed the THXAPO setup provided by PCS. And if I rerun it, it tells to uninstall that thing, so it's installed.
The only way so far I could 'activate or deactivate' the THX enhancements is going here:
1615883212546.png

And tick 'Enabled Audio Enhancements' you see there below.

This way you'll hear a different audio, more reverb etc. from the Audio output. Also, despite I didn't change anything, after one day of use my Speakers defalts to this name (might be a thing got with additional WU download):

1615883335053.png

So it definitely has THX working in the background.
But for the sake of it, I can't yet find any app to fine tune that effect.

PS: I keep it disabled as it goes also to the headphones I mostly use, and too much reverb is not what I like. But yeah, from normal speaker, sound is better with the tick turned on.

Attachments

• 1615883329148.png
    1615883329148.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 143

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It should load a shortcut onto the desktop I thought which is the exe file.

We had another user who had difficulties with it, let me see if I can find that thread.

Here is the link to clean install the THX app, give it a try:

Macco26

Expert
Yeah I read that thread, but since I don't mind of THX at all (and be reassured, there is anything launchable from the desktop, start menu, even in any program files folder) I don't mind trying to uninstall it again and try. But the other guy can and see how it goes.
PS: I installed THX after a brand new windows installation, so doubt any conflict etc. It's simply a bit bugged the installation process I guess. But at least the effect is there, installed.

cmoto

ok my audio shows only speaker... I will reinstall drivers today. Also the display audio driver and nvidia or can I let them just like they are?

Macco26

Expert
I've only that speaker, no NVIDIA. Maybe it appears IF you connect via HDMI to external monitor.
Anyway as soon as I instlled driver I also had just Speaker without THX suffix. Then 1 or 2 days later, noted it had appeared.
So I can't really understand what happened to let it kick in. Possibly an updated driver by Windows Update? Don't know.

cmoto

hey people have a question, opened my Notebook last week for checking connectors... Found this two unoccupied connectors. Anyone has a idea what they are? Dearching for the names didnt bring up anything on google. I too currios what these are. Maybe some cool upgrade posibilitys guys. πŸ˜‚πŸ™Œ Who knows something?

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_150723.jpg
    IMG_20210315_150723.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 153