Ionico Update

cmoto

how can I check if I have this option in my bios? Just go to bios or do I need to press a button or so 😭😂... because my performance with a 3060 is bad. 14000 score

Macco26

Expert
Which laptop do you have? 2021 generation: Elimina Pro and Ionico MIGHT have the MUX (for some BIOS, others are flawled, waiting a new BIOS hopefully).
For the models above you install the new Control Center 3.x and check the options in the quick switch section. Or yeah, digging into the BIOS for how many setings you have in the Switchable Graphics of said BIOS.

Macco26

Expert
You should check the assistance and asks if they are going to offer a new BIOS with Switchable Graphics finally offerign dGPU again, as it was with first BIOS.
I did, but I'd not like to be the only one asking for that. The more we are..

Macco26

Expert
Did you write or phone to them? Just to know what they are saying in that regard. Like "Yes we are asking the manufacturer to reintroduce it"? If you get earlier the answer to this, or when actually expect this, please let me know!

Macco26

Expert
I told mid video in my latest video about undervolting, etc.
I didn't just watched youtube, I smartworked with Office Suite, Citrix Receiver, some Chrome and Chromium. Just some YT here and there.
And it lasted 6+ hrs with 55 minutes remaining.

It was with the old BIOS. I then had to reconnect to flash the newer BIOS, infact.. ^^

So 7 hr mark (20-25% brighness). Nvidia Optimus of course. Some aggressive undervolting, of course.

Expect the same for new BIOS I guess under same scenarios.

Romain337

Also very important when you are on battery you want to check if "gcuservice.exe" is running on the nvidia GPU (you can display an icon in the task bar via the nvidia control panel), if it does: kill it!
HWMonitor.exe and GPU-Z (the both 64bits version) wake gcuservice.exe and run it on the dGPU, the service then never stop and reduce battery life by a good amount. The 32 bits version of both HWMonitor and GPU-Z does run fine and don't run gcuservice.exe on the dGPU and work fine.

I decompiled the eluktronics control center and the pcs control center and they are the same. In fact the eluktronics control center is a more recent version: 3.23.6 vs 3.1.6. Inside the decompiled package you can find the exact same things from translation strings to shared dll and gcuservice.exe and gcubridge.exe and GamingCenter.exe, the same json files, same folder with different images for differents brands etc etc.

So we have to ask for driver and control center and bios..... and the control center is an old version (I use the eluktronics one thanks to PCS not shipping the last version that contain bugfixes). Still waiting for the BIOS after having to request my drivers.

Last edited:

Macco26

Expert
Drivers are now in my account's page, though. Later than my PC delivery but are there. Yet oldy 3.1.6 CC, yes. Still better than Gaming Center 1.x someone got shipped initially..

men8ifr

Macco/Paul/Romain I've posted a spec in the check this spec section of the forum for a 17" Ionico now it is available to order again, could you have a look and see what you think cheers

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
I have requested the BIOS as well but no luck till now .. called in and email them 2 times but each time i get different info. How you guys got the new CC 3.23.6 ? PCS said there is no such CC version.

Macco26

Expert
This are two different things.
CC 3.23.6 is coming from another SI, as you can see in my videos.

About the BIOS, it got delivered by PCS. PM me if you want to know the person in PCS who actually sent it to me.

Naminiyo

Just to let you know, I received the ionico 17 rtx 3070 this last Friday The bios is the one updated ( 1.09 something...) with MUX enabled. It was built the 16th and tested the 23th March. Cheers

men8ifr

Wow that's a long time, thanks for the reply I've ordered mine today I paid extra for fast shipping hopefully it will be here Saturday fingers crosed