Is Day Z worth getting ?

Corfate

Author Level
It's fun with friends :) I didn't like it at first, but then i learned the controls, how to be sneaky at times and the aim :) With friends, it's sooo much more fun, going round in squads finding gear and being annoying, killing other players ;)

Fear

Prolific Poster
ooh corfate whats your player name on there ? promise i won't steal your beans if i see you ;)

dangro474

Bright Spark
It's sandboxy shooter fun at its best. Best enjoyed with friends, however the current releases are SO buggy I would honestly have to say no. Once the final version is released I will strongly consider investing £30 into Arma 2 and OA to play it.

Corfate

Author Level
Just found 2 copter crashes.. First had nothing, 2nd had a FN Fal, Bizon and an AS50, yay ;)

Im sure i'll die and lose them all sooner or later!

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
amU1XIqOrq3H.jpg

Kaitel

Bronze Level Poster
I was sorely tempted when it was at 15 quid, but unless you have friends to play it with regularly it's just too stressful alone. You spend hours running around or crawling past zombies trying to find a decent weapon, and even if you do, you can walk around a corner and bam you're shot and back to square one with nothing to show for all your efforts, no rank or anything that stays with you. For me, I think it would annoy me more often than it was entertaining. I'd suggest only getting it when it is on offer and if you're part of a gaming clan that is playing it or a group from here perhaps. It'll probably be back on Steam sale at Xmas, this time maybe for a tenner or less and perhaps less buggy, so I'll re-evaluate it then. For now it's more fun/easier just watching live streams/youtube vids of people playing it, let them do all the hard work and you just drop in when you feel like watching some other poor soul running for his life ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i've just had a brief go,

Good points
- It looks good
- the sounds seems good

bad points
- you spawn with nothing at all
- you cant fight the zombies with ya hands
- you have to run, that's it.
- I did find a weapon and thought "yes, get in" oh wait no ammo for said weapon -.-
- its hard to survive as you cant actually do anything till ya find weapons with ammo, but ya cant get to weapons as they are in houses near zombies, ( so i've found so far )

lol, I didnt die, I got injured and nearly died, so ended up walking slowly, so just quit. lol :)

edit - I just had another blast, its actually really frustrating, just randomly looking around for buildings, weapons and more importantly ammo, until ya find them ya pretty much screwed, as the zombies are flippin fast and you cant kill them, they also hang around all the buildings that the weapons are in. Therefore its flippin hard!

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
The idea is survival not zombie shooter thats what L4D and DeadIsland are for ;) so never ever go into a town and fire your weapon (When you find some ammo Tom muhahaha) unless you have to as you will get swamped by an endless amount of Zed's, me and a clan member got pinned at the docks in Berezino when he had to shoot a Zed that was chasing after him i disconnected after killing over 80 of them and decided i was going to completely run out of ammo if i did not leave so it's pistols only in town as they attract less attention. The best equipment is found at the airports but you are risking everything going to any of them.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
See, now I am intrigued :) (i.e. not just zombie shooter etc)

...and didn't get ArmA in the sale! AHHHHHHH! :D