Is EBAY the best plae to sell my PC?

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
I know I'm not allowed to sell it here, I'm not trying to. Just wondering where would be the best place to sell it, and wether I should try to sell it whole or as parts? Any advice is much appreciated! :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
If you are going to sell it, its probably best selling the parts seperately, you should get quite a bit more. May I ask why you wish to sell your PC?

Corfate

Author Level
I know I'm not allowed to sell it here, I'm not trying to. Just wondering where would be the best place to sell it, and wether I should try to sell it whole or as parts? Any advice is much appreciated! :)
Probably easiest place yeah. Problem is shipping, it'll cost you a bomb as it's large and probably heavy. (Unless you state the exact P+P cost).

If you are going to sell it, its probably best selling the parts seperately, you should get quite a bit more. May I ask why you wish to sell your PC?

I always read that a full machine would sell for more over just parts :) May be wrong

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster

Don't have any time to use it anymore and have other things I would rather spend the money on.

Buzz

Master
How old is it. Any warranty? If it is still under warranty id sell it as a whole system and transfer the warranty over. If it is out of warranty I would use something simple like freeads.co.uk or a buy and sell type place and sell as parts or whole. People usually make offers then asking if they could just buy the mobo and cpu for eg. At the end of the day, the longer you have it and want to sell it the lower the price will be. Post it in gumtree or sites like that, and Im sure you will get offers. Ebay will take fees off your final selling price and people can not see the item first. Never helps when selling 2nd hand electrical equipment.

ThomasM

+ 1 to Buzz for the Gumtree suggestion, I managed to sell my laptop on there for £220 and i would have said it was probably worth £150. Customer can also see the rig working etc. With full amount going into your pocket instead of ebays/whoever.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
+ 1 to Buzz for the Gumtree suggestion, I managed to sell my laptop on there for £220 and i would have said it was probably worth £150. Customer can also see the rig working etc. With full amount going into your pocket instead of ebays/whoever.
Yeah,Gumtree is what I always use,and it doesn't cost anything if you select the free advert option.

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the help guys, never heard of GumTree, I'll have a look. As for the warranty, some of it is still under manufacturers warranty but none are under PCS warranty anymore