Is it normal?

wndlf

After using my new laptop from PCS for about 14 days, my laptop stopped working so I sent it back to PCS. The problem was both too many bad sectors in HDD and the motherboard so they had to be replaced.

I understand that the replacing HDD is a major constraint, but does it take more than 20 days? 7 days ago reply to my email was "the drive should be back with us tomorrow and your laptop should be ready

before the end of the week" I called PCS today and the HDD still has not been replaced.

I am a student and for 20 days I had to go to library looking for computer. Does it normally take this long?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It depends entirely on the exact problem and the solution being used to resolve it. The best bet would be to ring up PCS, you can find waiting times on the website in the contact section, they will be able to tell you the exact process being used to repair your laptop, it may be that they have to send the HDD off to be fixed rather than replaced, but none of us on the forum are going to be able to answer in any detail since we do not know the specifics.