is this a good config?

is this a good config? should I change anything? also will this be ok connecting to internet wirelessly? thanks!

Case
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case (Black)

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® H87I-PLUS: Mini-ITX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
Free Item
FREE SPLINTER CELL BLACKLIST GAME with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Processor Cooling
INTEL STANDARD CPU COOLER

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 8 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
AOC 21.5" WIDESCREEN LED TFT - 1920 x 1080, 5MS, D-Sub, DVI-D (£89)

Keyboard & Mouse
Microsoft Arc Keyboard - Style That Works (£32)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
Quantity 1

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nice build,and the wireless PCI card will allow you to connect to the internet or you could consider homeplugs.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
is this a good config? should I change anything? also will this be ok connecting to internet wirelessly? thanks!
A better CPU cooler and a caviar black as the secondary drive.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
is 450W enough as a power supply?
The configurator will tell you if you should upgrade the power supply.
If it says "everything will be compatible",you'll be fine,but if planning on a few upgrades in future,especially the graphics card,it would be cost effective upgrading the power supply now.

Last edited:
it doesn't say anything about needing to update the cpu cooler or the power supply. would these be relatively easy for me to swap out if i ever want to upgrade my gpu? thanks for the help guys

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
it doesn't say anything about needing to update the cpu cooler or the power supply. would these be relatively easy for me to swap out if i ever want to upgrade my gpu? thanks for the help guys
Not sure how easy it would be with a mini case,but if you can afford it would save hassle and be cost effective to include them now.
The only option for a cooler upgrade with that case is a Hydro as the triple copper heat pipe I think is too large for the mini cases.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster

Your cpu will get hot when running games, the stock intel cpu cooler is fine for day to day tasks but when gaming it will get hot and a better cpu cooler (triple copper) should be quieter and keep the cpu cooler, it is probably not essential but it will help with cooling. You asked if 450w was enough, it is for the spec you have but if you want to upgrade to a better gpu in the future like the GTX 770 then it is not enough. It is a hassle to replace a cpu cooler and a PSU, you could check on youtube videos to see what it is involved.

thanks I'll probably go with the extra cpu cooler but leave the power supply for as and when I want to upgrade (if I want to at all)