Issue with installing drivers

MrChips

I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my Optimus VIII but have issues installing drivers (please see attached picture). My question is, where do I download these from, and how do I install them?
SmartSelect_20200830-075857_Gallery.jpg

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my Optimus VIII but have issues installing drivers (please see attached picture). My question is, where do I download these from, and how do I install them? View attachment 18197

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
You just plug into the LAN and run windows update, should install all drivers automatically.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm connected through my WIFI. How long does the updates usually take to appear on screen? Seems like its checking fir updates but nothing actually appears on screen (what is downloading etc).

Thanks
You won't be able to connect through wifi as you haven't got drivers, you need to connect through the LAN (cabled)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I tried that but no luck. My screen keeps going black and freezes too. And when booting up at PCS logo that freezes (see pic), too. Any ideas?
That's not right at all. How long does it freeze for?

When you reinstalled Windows 10 how did you do that? What version of Windows 10 did you install?

MrChips

That's not right at all. How long does it freeze for?

When you reinstalled Windows 10 how did you do that? What version of Windows 10 did you install?

I had to power down the system as it seemed like nothing was happening. I installed Windows 10 pro via usb.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I had to power down the system as it seemed like nothing was happening. I installed Windows 10 pro via usb.
I waited more than half and hour to see if it unfroze but it didnt.
That just isn't right, I would strongly suspect that Windows installation isn't right (or there is a hardware issue....).

Where did you get Windows 10 Pro from and what version is it? Did you order it with Windows 10 Pro installed?

MrChips

That just isn't right, I would strongly suspect that Windows installation isn't right (or there is a hardware issue....).

Where did you get Windows 10 Pro from and what version is it? Did you order it with Windows 10 Pro installed?

Sorry I didnt explain properly. I installed the Windows 10 pro (trial) from the Microsoft Windows tool.

I've tried instalking windows 10 three times, but each time I tried it would freeze or the screen would go black after a period if time. Each install I could successfully set everything up (add email account, click options for gps tracking etc).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I didnt explain properly. I installed the Windows 10 pro (trial) from the Microsoft Windows tool.

I've tried instalking windows 10 three times, but each time I tried it would freeze or the screen would go black after a period if time. Each install I could successfully set everything up (add email account, click options for gps tracking etc).
When you're installing windows, are you deleting all existing partitions on the OS drive you're installing to?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I formatted the HD each time I installed Windows so it was a fresh hd
Well it sounds like in that case there's perhaps something wrong with the drive you're installing to.

Can you post your full specs? Have you only just received this?

MrChips

Hi guys, thanks for your time. Here are the full specs.

I changed the HD to an SSD a few months ago, so I'm not sure if that would be the issue. I recently sent my laptop in for cosmetic repairs. I also ordered a new charge as the one I had previously stopped working.

Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)12GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB 1 x 4GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 2.5" SSHD - UP TO 5X FASTER THAN HDD!
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryCosmos VI Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) +BT 4.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.0 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageSINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareNO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days

Detailed Specification
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions (w x d x h)378mm x 267mm x 24.9mm
Weight2.5KG
Chipset
Processor Support7th Generation Intel Core Processor Support
Memory
Memory TypeSupports DDR4 2400MHz
Number of Modules2 x 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB Modules
Maximum Supported Memory32GB
Hard Drive Capacity
Hard Drive Type1 x 7mm, 2.5" S-ATA HDD support
M.2 Port2 x M.2 Ports (1st for WLAN, 2nd for SSD M.2 2280 Card with SATA / PCIe Gen3 x4 interface)
Display & Graphics
GraphicsChoice of graphics cards - refer to configurator.
Screen Size15.6 inch Widescreen
Screen TypeIPS
Native/Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080
BacklightLED
Microsoft® Hybrid GraphicsYes
Audio
ChipsetIntel High Definition Audio
Channels2 channel HD Audio
ConnectionsHeadphone-out/ MIC-in phone jack
Speakers2 x 2W Stereo Speakers
Integrated MicrophoneYes
Communications
LANGigabit LAN
Wireless SupportWireless LAN 802.11AC/B/G/N (M.2 Interface)
Bluetooth SupportBluetooth V4.0 module support
Webcam1.0 MP Webcam
Memory Card Reader
Memory Card Reader6-in-1 Card Reader (MMC / RSMMC / SD / Mini SD / SDHC / SDXC)
Ports
HDMI Ports1
LAN1 x RJ-45 jack
USB1 x USB 3.1 Type C Port, 2 x USB 3.0 Ports, 1 x USB 2.0 Port
USB/e-SATAN/A
Display2 x Mini Display Port 1.3
Microphone-IN1
Headphone-OUT1
DC-in1
Kensington LockYes
Webcam
Webcam1.0 MP Webcam
Battery & Power Lead
Battery Capacity6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 48.84WH
Typical Battery LifeUp to 5 Hours (in UMA mode)
Power Lead & AC Adpater1 x Power Lead included with AC Adapter
Security
Fingerprint ScannerN/A
Kensington LockYes