Issue with my Optimus II.

IronTiger

.First of all sorry for any spell/grammar mistakes but im writing from a mobile device. I received my laptop about a month ago and i was very pleased untill this evening. I did some work on my laptop yestarday and it was working perfect. Today when i tried to turn it on i had a lot of issues. First of all it got stuck on the windows 7 boot up logo and i had to manually shut it down several times. It did not boot up in safe mode too. After several attempts i manage to boot it up and it wanted to do disk check but i waited 10 min. and it was still on 0 so i had to restart it and skip it. The laptop did not get stuck again on the windows 7 logo. I manage to log in but after 5-10-15 minutes it freezes. The freeze lasts for anywhere between 5 sec . 10 sec, 2min , 5 min up to 10 min!!!!! During which time the hard disk light is constantly on. I did some research on the web and found a guy with the same issue. This is what he wrote- "I had this fault. PC would be fine next hard disk light would go on then the PC would lock up. A hard reset was then required. I re-installed the OS and got the same fault. Tried a new hard disk n checked the memory and still the same. Tried colourful language and a good punch to the front of the box but I had given up with it. The PC won. New PC time it was...
I gave the quad core AMD CPU to my girlfriend from this PC and two weeks later she is now getting the same fault. Most help I have seen on the web is for memory/motherboard/disc controller or new disk but in the end for me it was the CPU."

Any ideas how to fix it? Im very annoyed!!!!!!!!

tommo123

in my experience it sounds like a hard disk issue. the cpu is unlikely to be the culprit. i had this when a storage drive was failing and whenever windows read/wrote to a bad sector the whole thing would freeze.

if it's your C drive, set it to do a scandisk and reboot to let windows do it. hopefully that's it as it's easy to identiy and easy to fix (replace the drive)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try a clean install,pressing f8 with the os disc inserted will bring you to the option to boot from the OS disc.
Instructions on how to do a clean install are given in the welcome booklet.
Failing that it would point to a hardware problem,in which case best call PCS.