It's arrived 3600x 3070 GPU

BT81

Enthusiast
So. VERY VERY quick 'thoughts'
1. Once PCS received the GPU, it got built and sent in a few days. Massive props! :) All the staff on the phone / email. Always super polite and friendly.
2. I've just turned it on.

Its pretty loud at 'idle' . Probably a bit surprised. I was hopeful during times when I am using word / studying it would be silent? - May have to look what is making the noise. I think coming from modern day laptops that run quiet (when using office 365, my ms suface book 5 i7 runs zero fans). It's a bit annoying (Something to look at in the future) - I think it maybe the fan at the rear of the case...

My surface keyboard doesn't seem to want to link up? Can I only use it with surfaces devices.....annoying if that's the case?

Just thought I would get the negatives out the way.

As. LOOKS AWESOME! - Just loaded up Cloudpunk - granted not the most technically demanding game. But straight away 1200fps. MY Surface Book 2. 30-40 on med settings!

Summary of the specs
NZXT H511 case
CPU 3600x
GPU 3070 (no idea what make model it is, however loving the lights!)
1tb 970 evo plus
H115i Plat RGB
850w Corsair Ultra Quiet

Ohhhhh…..pictures! - Lots of stuff to do (Onedrive / start layouts / issues with MS etc)

Attachments

• P1000105.jpg
    P1000105.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    836.2 KB · Views: 428

Gavras

Master Poster
Ref your surface keyboard, is it discoverable on your PC’s Bluetooth?

Have you tried seeing what else is discoverable from your PC’s Bluetooth?

BT81

Enthusiast
Ref your surface keyboard, is it discoverable on your PC’s Bluetooth?

Have you tried seeing what else is discoverable from your PC’s Bluetooth?
Yeah, I tried to see if it were discoverable. Nope. Turn on surface laptop. Just connects....

Gavras

Master Poster
Yeah, I tried to see if it were discoverable. Nope. Turn on surface laptop. Just connects....
Is anything else discoverable by the PC?

headphones, mouse ?

basically looking to see if it’s PC Bluetooth issue.

BT81

Enthusiast
Just put Mad Max on ......massive drops in FPS.....teething troubles - So good though to put on max settings on most stuff without bother :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you paired it with your pc? With any Bluetooth device you need to setup a paired relationship with the host.

There will be a button on the surface keyboard to put it in pairing mode, until then it won’t be discoverable by any other device.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just put Mad Max on ......massive drops in FPS.....teething troubles - So good though to put on max settings on most stuff without bother :)
Did you order with windows or install your own? Have you applied all windows updates and graphics updates?

BT81

Enthusiast
Just thought a more useful update! After a week, I will ignore the teething troubles, as (fingers crossed), they have been resolved!

So. What's it like having a mega/awesome PC Desktop with a speedy processor, some 3,200 RAM, PCI3.0 SSD and of course RGB!?
Well. Benchmarks are in (posted on the benchmark 'bit' of the forums)
TimeSpy 12,025
Fire Strike 25,654
I gather those are good. Thumbs up emoji (y)

Clearly, it's mega. Finally got round to playing Cyberpunk today. Ray Tracing Max'd, DLSS set to Quality and just set everything to Ultra. 60fps no worries (turn off DLSS and it's 55fps ish).

The question, outside of gaming - have I noticed the extra 'performance'?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 165

BT81

Enthusiast
The newbie PC master race user, 'thought' whilst not PCI4.0 SSD and the 3600x is the lower end of the performance envelope, every day I'd turn it on, and dazzled by the 'speeeeeeed'
And...it is probably not the case. Files downloading / programmes opening. Not noticeably different.

So then, why? And I think it's a case of 'what do I honesty use my PC / Laptop for'
The odd video edit - Very basic...the odd title, some transitions. I'm using Filmora. Which is hardly Adobe levels of technical awesomeness.
Some photo editing, if using the crop function and maybe adding a filter. Ok. I do some of that too.
And for ease. I just put everything into my onedrive folder, therefore taking 'zero' advantage of the speedy Pro Evo 970 SSD

I guess, this is where I probably wouldn't have changed anything, but I really understand why the mods provide a great service on the forums when people post their specs. Overall, I'm happy. The SSD it turns out is overkill, as would I have noticed the difference of a 'less speedy' one?. And less said about the stupidity of ordering awesome RGB Lights on the cooler, and due to the case, not being able to see them (facepalm emoji!). 3600x, could I have ordered the 3600? Probably

But. And this is, the best bit about being a PC owner

1. Fans. Too loud, I'll order some Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200 ones to replace the rear and top case mounted ones. Takes £20 ish to fix
2. SSD, if I 'need' a PCI 4.0 one to take advantage of direct storage next year, I have slots available.
3. WiFi 6, no idea if I am taking advantage of it, but I know I can look into it, tweak, change, add, takeaway.

Loads of possibilities. So. Given my time again, even with the teething troubles, would I buy again...yes (with a different case, where I can see the RGB cooler fans!)

BT81

Enthusiast
How are temps with the veritical aio out of interest ?
This (see attachment), is what the temps for the CPU look like when 'studying' (using Edge, and downloading flight sim....ok, that's not study related!) Around 35 to 45 - seems to bounce around. But looking on the internets, 45 for normal usage seems normal?

I've not changed anything with the H115i fans, or the case fans etc. So I assume a vertical (runs off to check what...AIO means), All in One? is fine ;-)

i watched this the other day is why i was asking i always go to pc jesus for some info ! by all means dont get down watching this im sure the corsair h115i is a good aio cooler and does not have a issue with mount orientation .

Last edited:

BT81

Enthusiast

i watched this the other day is why i was asking i always go to pc jesus for some info ! by all means dont get down watching this im sure the corsair h115i is a good aio cooler and does not have a issue with mount orientation .
I just ordered and assume the good team at PCS know what they are doing. I tend to avoid stuff like this, as I'll watch it. Panic, remove a screw, screw it up and then be on the forums like 'So I broke it....' crying meme