its official Crysis 2 no console port......!

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
So I completed the game today. It gets a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Good Features:
- Gameplay is fun and challenging. The nanosuit and weapon customisation allows for a lot of flexibility in how you fight, and the various different enemies are smart enough to not just stand about idly as your murder their buddies. Stealth is especially awesome. There are quite a lot of weapons, and the majority of them have their own unique feel to them (only a couple feel like clones).
- The movement is brilliant, so fluid. Once you get the hang of it you can whizz and leap about the place like nobody's business.
- Environment is well crafted, and provides for good fights. Lots of things to blow up, and random debris strewn around that you can use to distract enemies to set them up for a trap.

Nuetral Features:
- Gameplay is very linear. This personally doesn't bother me too much, but I know that it will some people.
- No save game feature. This will annoy the crap out of some people, but at the same time it does add an element of challenge to the game.

Poor Features:
- Piss poor plot. Seriously whoever came up with it was probably on crack. Nothing is ever explained, you're whisked through the game being made to do stuff without anyone ever saying why. Characters are all annoying, and again, unexplained/not introduced. Woe betide anyone who has not completed the first game, you are never given a recap and you will literally spend the game going "wtf?" at everything.
- Graphics and graphical options very underwhelming. While the game does look nice, at no point was I like 'omg that's sick'. I was expecting to be blown away visually by this game, as it turns out I wasn't even mildly fanned down. The lack of DX11 and customisable graphics settings, makes it look as if this game was built for consoles, and then the PC version was an afterthought/port.
- Too short, which is a shame.

All in all, I'd say it's a fun game and definitely worth playing through, but if this didn't have the Crysis label on it then no one would remember it existed after a few months.
I'm gonna go start another game on Half Life 2 now, and brood while I wait for a game that can scratch my PC in regards to performance.

Dark79

Silver Level Poster
I'm seeing more console in it now and the other day quite a few ai bugs, some idiot was right in front of me and I pressed reload by mistake and as I was reloading he just started running into me, well duh, still it was an easy way to get blood on your hands.

When's battlefield 3 out...........?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Theres a level in crysis 2 revolving around times square, it was pretty awesome, but it could of been so much more

Unreal tech demo 2011[video=youtube;n3XeCHywNYM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3XeCHywNYM&feature=related[/video]

Here's the gameplay footage from times square in crysis 2 (spoilers)[video=youtube;9HD08OvMTAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HD08OvMTAs[/video]