Just arrived today - let me know what you thin of the spec!

Not bad for the office albeit a bit overkill for wordprocessing!! Poct pic when up an running

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-980X (3.33GHz) 6.4GTs/12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D PREMIUM: DDR3, USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM)
24GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (6 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5970 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 1000W MODULAR PSU (HX1000) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem
56KBPS INTERNAL V92 DATA/FAX/VOICE MODEM (Special Offer! £6)
Floppy Disk Drive
NONE
Firewire & Video Editing
1 x IEEE 1394a FIREWIRE PORT ONBOARD
TV Card
NONE
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

Sleinous

Author Level
The best bit about this rig is the 56KBPS modem haha, that just cracks me up :p Brilliant rig, and yes, pics pics!

Yeah I Know :D)))) when I look at it now I see what you mean LMAO - unfortunately though I actually do need it - PC will have double life as a work horse as well as fun - have a server running web services for work related stuff but need to check the service outside of network on a v.slow connection - so do this by switching off the LAN card and using a dial-up internet connection. Handy if your stuck in a hotel with a laptop in the middle of nowhere with no 3g and only a bt socket in the room and need to connect to your network.

Sleinous

Author Level
Hehe, I thought there must be a use for it with all that other hi-tech stuff in there :p Either that or you were keeping a bit of retro in there for old time's sakes :p I can still hear that dial-up tone screeching away in my ears and my dad disconnecting everytime he downloaded a webpage, to save money lol.

Oooh those were the good old day. Thing is my father still does it now with broadband because it still connect into the BT socket- we havn't had the heart to tell him that my mother pays for a monthly broadband subscription - on top of which it is pure comedy!! :D

Sleinous

Author Level
Oooh those were the good old day. Thing is my father still does it now with broadband because it still connect into the BT socket- we havn't had the heart to tell him that my mother pays for a monthly broadband subscription - on top of which it is pure comedy!! :D

haha classic, great way to stop someone from hogging the pc

Gorman

Author Level
56k's are still quite common, main uses tend to be a fall back for internet, custom made software and of course using the comp as a fax machine.