Just done it!

davisdavid

Any thoughts on the below, i've just done it but open to suggestions as i can still change the odd bit if anyone has any better ideas.

Case
NZXT PHANTOM WHITE GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 320 SERIES SSD, SATA 3 Gb/s (upto 270MB/sR | 130MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£36)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£146)
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (1 License Product Key Card) (£75)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® G110 GAMING KEYBOARD WITH BACKLIGHTING (£58)
Mouse
LOGITECH® G700 WIRELESS LASER GAMING MOUSE (£68)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) - Already changed to SILVER :)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
According to your previous post you want a system that will "cope with rts gaming very comfortably and obviously browse the net and general day to day activities".
If this is the case I would drop the RAM to 8GB .and
get windows7 home premium 64 bit rather than ultimate,

davisdavid

Do you think the 16GB Ram will make much difference as to 'future proofing' the system? obviously i can upgrade 95% of the system as and when needed in the future. In terms of the OS, I'm just being greedy. I've timed the order to race me to my home from Afghanistan. 15 days, the race is on :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Do you think the 16GB Ram will make much difference as to 'future proofing' the system? obviously i can upgrade 95% of the system as and when needed in the future. In terms of the OS, I'm just being greedy. I've timed the order to race me to my home from Afghanistan. 15 days, the race is on :)
Well,I only have 4GB RAM & it can handle any game out at the moment,as far as i know,
just trying to save you a few bob,:)
you can always upgrade RAM in future if necessary,but 8gb will be plenty for a few years yet in my opinion.

davisdavid

cool, thank you very much for the advice. I'll amend the order :) I'm not being obnoxious or ignorant but after a few months out here again, I'm bearing my post tour frivolous side a little but it's always nice to do from time to time :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
cool, thank you very much for the advice. I'll amend the order :) I'm not being obnoxious or ignorant but after a few months out here again, I'm bearing my post tour frivolous side a little but it's always nice to do from time to time :)

Nout wrong with treating yourself mate!

davisdavid

would you recommend dropping to the 8GB 1600MHz KINGSTON or to the 8GB 1333MHz SAMSUNG. £5 difference in price but I've read that there isn't to much difference in performance and the 1600MHz is more suitable for over-clocking. Also, in the wider picture, how good/reliable is the graphics card I have chosen in comparison to similar priced ones such as the GTX 560TI / 570?