Just ordered my new BEAST!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
InWIN DRAGON RIDER BLACK GAMING CASE

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)

ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready

Hard Disk 60GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 535MB/sR | 480MB/sW)

750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)

TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)

Thermal Paste STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Must say thanks to all the posts regarding advice etc, ill get some piccies when it comes and give a little review! The waiting begins!

Last edited:

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Thanks! Yeah defo will........put so much overtime in at work to afford a decent PC to comfortably run all the awesome games comming out over the next few months. Very excite!

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
Amazing rig mate!! bet you can't wait! I placed my order yesterday as of 5:09pm and cannot wait! Only problem now is I have to find something to do in the mean time as the past month or so I've been messing around with specs to get the right one!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Oh well, due to them being out of stock with the GTX590 and no estimate on wait time (could be a long while) i deceded to swap the GTX590 for SLI 580's and just upgrade the psu to 1000w. Put the extra on the ol credit card for now! So the beast just got beastlier! :)

stesco

Oh well, due to them being out of stock with the GTX590 and no estimate on wait time (could be a long while) i deceded to swap the GTX590 for SLI 580's and just upgrade the psu to 1000w. Put the extra on the ol credit card for now! So the beast just got beastlier! :)

I have had the same email today about the 590's, did you upgrade to SLI GTX580 the 3GB or 1.5GB?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Tis jus an unfortunate aspect of buying cutting edge parts...stock levels, as PCS have said, worldwide arent great.

I am sure your Sli580s will be awesome though!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
I went with the 1.5's, not really multiscreening or going above 1080p at the moment but i do have the 3d pack and 23" screen so it should play very nicely without needing the extra mem.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
6gb of GPU in SLI? How many FPS can you get on Crysis?

Maxed out on full AA across 3 screens at around 6000 x 1080 I get between 20 and 25 fps, so its a little laggy. I drop the AA down oen notch and achieve mid to high 30's.

Playing normally on one screen im not sure, but basing on other games id say probably around 100 - 120 fps, certain games like f1 2010 on single screen run at around 165 fps

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
ah right!

on one screen full HD maxed out i reckon you could get 80

one guy on Youtube was showing how his quad SLI laughed at Crysis and was zooming around the map in some free camera mode on full settings.

does the screen size have anything to do with it?

I've got a 42 and will have GTX560 Ti

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
ah right!

on one screen full HD maxed out i reckon you could get 80

one guy on Youtube was showing how his quad SLI laughed at Crysis and was zooming around the map in some free camera mode on full settings.

does the screen size have anything to do with it?

I've got a 42 and will have GTX560 Ti

Screenh size makes no difference as far as I know. Its all about resolution. If you had a 1080p 11" screen it would take as much graphics processing power as a 1000" 1080p screen.

Also remember the larger the screen the more space the 1920 x 1080 resolution has to fill, so you will always get sharper images on smaller screens at the same resolutions.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Capture.JPG < click on to see

Should be alright, I would be happy with anything over 60fps on any of the newer games with demanding graphics. I got my rig to have a good crack at BF3 and Skyrim etc and hoping for some nice results! Obviously anything i can achieve worthwhile fps on i can then crank up the 3D to play which i am looking forward too! Argh, i hate waiting though! 3rd day of production! Ill get some piccies etc up and do the benchmarks when it arrives!

Last edited:

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
View attachment 449 < click on to see

Should be alright, I would be happy with anything over 60fps on any of the newer games with demanding graphics. I got my rig to have a good crack at BF3 and Skyrim etc and hoping for some nice results! Obviously anything i can achieve worthwhile fps on i can then crank up the 3D to play which i am looking forward too! Argh, i hate waiting though! 3rd day of production! Ill get some piccies etc up and do the benchmarks when it arrives!

cool man i hope you are not disappointed!

I'm not gonna bother benchmarking, there are so many videos on youtube or people playing with every card available and they all have similar setups to what I bought.

I bought it to play games like Crysis, The Witcher, Metro 2033, Fable 3, Dead Island

well my current PC can play any game just not very well