Just ordered this....

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
I'm new here and glad I found this site, I currently work in America on the cruise ships and was going to order a Sager from here but I come back to the uk for 7 weeks soon so I decided to order from pcs.

I will be using the laptop for a bit of casual gaming whilst on the ships usually use a xbox 360.

Here are the specs what do you guys think?

Chassis & Display Vortex II: 15.6" Matte 95% Gamut LED Widescreen (1920x1080) (£79)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2760QM (2.40GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card 2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11 (15.6" Vortex II)
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
2nd Hard Disk NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive SONY BD-5750H 6x BLURAY WRITER & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE (£79)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
Change to: GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ULTIMATE-N 6300 (450Mbps)
USB Options 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery 2 x 15.6" Vortex Series Battery Pack, 76.96WH (One Spare) (£49)
Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Carry Case TARGUS CITY GEAR 15" - 15.6" LAPTOP BACKPACK TCG650 (£42)
Monitor NONE
Keyboard & Mouse INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Speakers NONE
Webcam INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Pricing Information
Total Order Price £1,708.50

Thanks

AndyL

Make sure you get the upgraded thermal paste and also the silver warantee - they are well worth the small cost. I would also get rid of the bloatware (all the free trials such as bullguard).

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nice build,looks good to me,
I got the bullguard free trial & it was excellent,
didn't buy it at the end of the day but it's easily uninstalled.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Make sure you get the upgraded thermal paste and also the silver warantee - they are well worth the small cost. I would also get rid of the bloatware (all the free trials such as bullguard).

Yes, try and do this if possible! Your choice on the bullguard though!

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks

Thanks,

I have updated my order to what you said, maybe I should get the dead pixel guarantee?

My first custom build laptop so any input is great.

Once again thanks.

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
Well I was thinking of upgrading to a ssd when money permits. £1700 is pretty much my limit at the moment.

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah bout £12 more, might go for it, think PCS will get annoyed with me keep changing the order!

17 inch is a bit too big for me I kinda need it to be portable.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
its up to you, the 17 inch would definitely be worth it, it should cool better too if thats something you are worried about

they wont be annoyed, i doubt they even know if you do it whilst its in pre-production

Duddy1985

Bronze Level Poster
i did buy a Alienware M17 sent it back within a week, blue screen of death within a week! so i think the 17 inch would be way to big, i travel a lot so i don't want it to be back breaking heavy.

thanks for your help though i just upgraded to the 7200rpm drive. should be enough for my casual gaming.