Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 Causing Problems with BD-ROM Drive

Red Squirrel

Bronze Level Poster
Is anybody else having problems with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011?

I installed the software which came with my PCS welcome pack and everything has been fine until this evening when it ran some automatic updates it has messed up one of the DVD/BLU RAY Drives

I have BD-RE Drive: (E) and also BD-ROM Drive: (F)

When I put a data disc in the BD-ROM Drive (F) I usually get the auto play pop up window saying open folder to view files, but after the kaspersky update tonight if I load a data disc in the same drive I get no auto run pop-up window.
I then went into windows explorer and clicked on the (F) drive and it didn't recognise the disc and I got an error message with Drive F and when i closed the error pop-up window the (F) drive disappeared from the windows explorer :( and it wouldn't let me eject the disc from the F drive.
I shut the pc down but it wouldn't shutdown and hung at the computer shutting down screen and I rebooted and i was then able to open the disc tray to the F drive to remove the data cd.
I tried it again and the same problem occurred so I unistalled Kaspersky and the F drive was fully functional again, so i tried re-installing Kaspersky and the problem came back.

I've had to uninstall Kaspersky again but I don't know what to do for anti-virus software that won't cause issues like this.

Any ideas??

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
This is news to me, i guess we will have to wait for Kaspersky to patch it. What have they said about the issue?

If you need an AV to tide you over get Microsoft Security Essentials www.microsoft.com