Laggggg!!!!

jackguinea

Hi there

i know that recently you may have noticed that ive been having problems but their all sorted out know apart from one! On nfs the run i lagg so badly that it is unplayable. ive tried tweaking the settings and even changed it to using 1 monitor and on lowest possible settings but it still lags. i have been playing skyrim and saints row both on highest settings and saints on 3 monitors and it bearly challenges my pc so why does nfs lagg. ive also noticed that when i load skyrim or saints my pc gets louder and the fans speed up and on my keyboard it shows my pcs performance getting higher but when i launch nfs none of this happens. Could it be running of the integrated graphics or what?

Any advice would be helpful.

jackguinea

My need for speed is up to dat and my pc specs are:

ase COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB INTEL® 510 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 450MB/sR | 210MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM (£38)
Memory Card Reader NONE
Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£162)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities Bigfoot Killer 2100 PCI-E Gigabit LAN Card - Max Gaming (£59)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
this could well be an sli issue it often happens on ported games

have you got the update i linked you though? it was released today i think

jackguinea

for some reason on the intel website when i click for intel to search my pc for the products that need updating it doesn't show anything.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
why would you have any intel products to update? CPUs can't have updates, these are only through the motherboard or OS

jackguinea

sorry but im just getting so confused.You may have noticed but im not exactly very smart when it comes to computers. is there anything i can do about nfs?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the graphics drivers will be on the nvidia website

your motherboard updates will be on the ASUS website as well

Fear

Prolific Poster
Your system should be able to run that game while it's in sleep mode anyway on a more serious note have you checked on the forums for NFS to see if anyone else is having similar problems as i and many others had real fun when they released NFS-HP and most quad core CPU's would not run the game only dual core so the fix there was to mess about making the game only use 1 core untill they patched it but possibly it's the SLI you could try running a single card and see if it still does it.

jackguinea

Just thought id say that i have just finished downloading bf3 and can run it at max on al 3 monitors but yet i cant with nfs. anyone know how i choose what i want to use to play a game(graphics card etc.)