Laptop battery driver

Teas

Hello (first post...)

I'm having issues with a laptop at work - when the charger is plugged in it says ' plugged in, not charging '

I think that there's an issue with the driver, as there are no events listed in it

here's a screenshot of the driver from the laptop that isn't charging -

DAZYqBW.png

And here's a shot from my laptop that is charging

E9LCfas.png

I'm not sure how to go about configuring it though? Any help much appreciated

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
What kind of laptop is it and how old?

I've had this problem with Dell laptops and its usually the battery has met its end. Replacing the battery fixes the problem.

Best way to trouble shoot would be to try a battery for a similar laptop.

Hope this helps

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I think you'll find that the driver for this is part of the chipset driver, so visit the manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset driver for that model of laptop. See whether that helps?

Teas

Its a Fujitsu Fujitsu Lifebook AH512 laptop, don't think it's particularly good!

Not sure what driver / chipset I need?

cheers

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Competitor's links aren't usually allowed on this forum but I'm hoping an exception can be made for this link; http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowFiles.asp?LNG=EN. From there you need to select your operating system type, you will then be presented with a list of all the driver types available for that model and OS. Click on the chipset driver and download and install the file specified there.

Teas

Competitor's links aren't usually allowed on this forum but I'm hoping an exception can be made for this link; http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowFiles.asp?LNG=EN. From there you need to select your operating system type, you will then be presented with a list of all the driver types available for that model and OS. Click on the chipset driver and download and install the file specified there.

Cheers ubuysa - I'm not on that computer until next saturday now so I'll try again then... I cant see which of the option applies to the mentioned laptop though?

qQY7jll.png

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You're only linking to a driver download,can't see that being a problem really.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Cheers ubuysa - I'm not on that computer until next saturday now so I'll try again then... I cant see which of the option applies to the mentioned laptop though?

qQY7jll.png

Choose Mobile Devices, you'll be able to enter your model from there....

Thanks vanthus, I was hoping that might be the case. :)

Teas

Choose Mobile Devices, you'll be able to enter your model from there....

Thanks vanthus, I was hoping that might be the case. :)

Ace cheers Ubuysa :)

Oddly it began charging JUST before I finished my shift, but there was no change in the event's section of the driver!? I'll have to see how it's getting on this saturday.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ace cheers Ubuysa :)

Oddly it began charging JUST before I finished my shift, but there was no change in the event's section of the driver!? I'll have to see how it's getting on this saturday.

Can you post the Driver section of that device? It will be interesting to see what driver is installed and whether it's the latest one?

Teas

Can you post the Driver section of that device? It will be interesting to see what driver is installed and whether it's the latest one?

It was the same as the one in my laptop but without anything in the events (and my laptop charges fine)

OFKyfuK.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ah, now I understand that we're looking at two different laptops, one charges the other doesn't. :)

Well.....assuming you're running Windows 7 64-bit on the non-charging laptop the latest chipset driver is 9.3.90.1020, you can download it from here http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Showdescription.asp. I would be tempted to download and install that and see whether that helps.

If the two laptops are both Fujitsu models can you swap mains chargers and batteries over to see whether the problem is the charger or the battery?

Teas

Ah, now I understand that we're looking at two different laptops, one charges the other doesn't. :)

Well.....assuming you're running Windows 7 64-bit on the non-charging laptop the latest chipset driver is 9.3.90.1020, you can download it from here http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Showdescription.asp. I would be tempted to download and install that and see whether that helps.

If the two laptops are both Fujitsu models can you swap mains chargers and batteries over to see whether the problem is the charger or the battery?

Yeah, two laptops ;)

It's not Windows 7 its Window's 8.

I don't have any similar chargers or batteries and my laptop is a HP so I couldn't troubleshoot that option :(

Oddly, just before I finished my shift the other day it started charging, I'm not back there again until saturday so I'll check then (and probably update it to 8.1 while I'm there)