Laptop is very slow

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Now even the chrome is slowed downed again , it seems sometimes it works fine and then it massively slows down for some reason, as if something was taking full ram or cpu or ssd or something, now as I was writing this the chrome started working perfectly again :/ will try the drivers aswell

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Now even the chrome is slowed downed again , it seems sometimes it works fine and then it massively slows down for some reason, as if something was taking full ram or cpu or ssd or something, now as I was writing this the chrome started working perfectly again :/ will try the drivers aswell
Check your CPU processes in Task manager when this occurs just to be sure there's nothing stealing resources.

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Nothing is really jumping up except chrome but its not taking as much, there is also antimalware service executable in top 5 is that something I need?
1646782699455.png

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
So while instaling drivers all laptop was slowed down, now thats done chrome etc.. works fine, but game still runs at 20 fps

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Also I remember when i first turned on my pc today, my audio was all messed up when I joined discord I couldnt hear anyone and my mic was bugged, could that have something to do with it? Some audio drivers maybe ?

barlew

Godlike
Also I remember when i first turned on my pc today, my audio was all messed up when I joined discord I couldnt hear anyone and my mic was bugged, could that have something to do with it? Some audio drivers maybe ?
Personally if I were you, at this point I would be performing a full clean install of windows. It would be faster than continuing to fault find.

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Yea I will do that, do you guys have a guide or something on how to do it quickly, if I don't have windows on usb or anything please? Would really appreciate it

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yea I will do that, do you guys have a guide or something on how to do it quickly, if I don't have windows on usb or anything please? Would really appreciate it
You need to create a Windows usb direct from Microsoft, then delete all OS partitions and install to the remaining space.

For drivers use Windows update to find what it can and Amy missing need to be installed from your PCS account. Lastly install GPU drivers direct from Nvidia and lastly control center.

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
You need to create a Windows usb direct from Microsoft, then delete all OS partitions and install to the remaining space.

For drivers use Windows update to find what it can and Amy missing need to be installed from your PCS account. Lastly install GPU drivers direct from Nvidia and lastly control center.
https://pureinfotech.com/reinstall-windows-11/ Can I also use this? I'm not very experienced with these kind of things so I don't wanna mess it up

Rairun

Bronze Level Poster
Just out of curiosity, does it get as slow when you're not using the Nvidia GPU exclusively? Also, when you run a game, what are your GPU clock speeds?

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster
Just out of curiosity, does it get as slow when you're not using the Nvidia GPU exclusively? Also, when you run a game, what are your GPU clock speeds?
Now when I'm not playing a game, chrome, discord etc seems to work fine, only when I play game I guess using nvidia it has 15-20 fps, not sure whats clock speed, also today my whole laptop froze when I was watching a youtube video, still havent reinstalled windows

Rairun

Bronze Level Poster
It is what I meant. It looks like your clock speeds are stuck. Here's what mine look like:

jiUW7uG.png

I had the same issue as you not too long ago, but I managed to fix it. Please get in touch with PCS and show them this thread (link). They will probably ask you to follow all the other steps first because it IS an unusual solution, but if you have no luck after reinstalling Windows, etc, this should be your next step.

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
top one is without game bottom after I turn on the game, not sure if this is what you mean
View attachment 32698
View attachment 32699
Just out of interest are you always testing this with the same game?

If so have you added it to the nvidia whitelist?

The two screen shots you have posted, to me possibly suggest the game is being run off of your iGPU instead of your Nvidia card. This would explain the poor performance.

Instructions on how to whitelist games in nvidia control panel can be found in part 2 here https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-set-default-gpu/

Last edited:

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster

The two screen shots you have posted, to me possibly suggest the game is being run off of your iGPU instead of your Nvidia card. This would explain the poor performance.

Instructions on how to whitelist games in nvidia control panel can be found in part 2 here https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-set-default-gpu/
I tried PUBG at it was the same very low fps could barely do anything =, havent tried it tho, I just bought an usb going to reinstall it now and will see what happens

Dodoexe14

Bronze Level Poster

And I have also trie it with setting nvidia to be always used, didnt help

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Reinstall is done but everything is tsill slow even chrome, ill contact PCS then, thank you guys
They'll likely take you through reflashing the BIOS, we've had this for a few people where it seems control center somehow writes back incorrect power limits to the BIOS, and the BIOS has to be reflashed.

Hopefully that's what it is as you can solve that without having to return it, they'll send you the files and talk you through it.