Laptop Screen (Scratches)

Saivishal

Bronze Level Poster
Dear PCS Team,

Not sure if it should be posted in this section.

I received my Enigma II Laptop Yesterday. Order No: 351047
The machine is brilliant and works like a charm. But I have a gripe.

There is a scratch on the screen at the left side and a very visible Pixel error (I assume or it can be a scratch but it is colored and not very visible when the screen is black) in the form of a Eagle Head near the bottom where the Windows Start icn is. Plus there are two Pixels which are Bright Red & Green when the screen is black.

Please suggest if there is any way to rectify this without the need for sending it back to PCS. The eagle head & the scratch are annoying me.

Regards

Gorman

Author Level
The only way to get this sorted is to give us a call im afraid. If it has dead pixels then this is a physical thing, there is no software fix.

These forums are not an official channel for support, if you have a problem with your machine please ensure you notify us through our official channels.
These are through our website mail system or by calling Tech support direct on 0844 499 4000.
Alternatively for general enquiries email [email protected].

endykay

I've emailed the PCspec team about this problem already, but may be of use to the forums anyway:

Although I haven't installed an OS yet, a narrow vertical yellow line appears going the entire height of my screen when I start the computer (in the BIOS) and it doesnt go away, since I havent tried installing an OS I cant say if it'll go away during the OS running, I have a feeling its not going to though :S. Any ideas?

Meds

By the sounds of it, it is pixels causing the line so installing the OS won't fix it. I'd give Tech Support a call in the morning.