Laptop without WIN

Algirdas

Hey I want to order laptop without software.Can i be sure that all components such as memory,HDD CPU should be installed correctly and working,because no operating system

Rakk

The Awesome
Even if you don't order an OS, a limited testing version of Win7 will be on there, basically so that all tests required to check if everything is working fine can be done.

Meds

If you ordered no OS then we would install a test copy of Windows 7. Once you receive the laptop you can then format the HDD & install your own OS as you please.

pez

I can confirm this as this is exactly how I ordered mine and it was absolutely fine :)

Not sure what the difference is between a testing version of windows?

Anyhow, I know it's being a bit lazy on my part but it be possible to order a laptop without an operating system but have a full version of windows 7 installed but not activated?

The reason I ask is that I'll be ordering a laptop from PCS in April but will be getting a retail version of windows 7 professional (64bit). Obviously I'd have to call to arrange it as it'd be a bit of a strange option in the configurator. Was just looking to save some time by only having to enter the serial number once the nice new shiny gets opened :D

pez

EK - Mate, to be far, with these sort of laptops, it won;t take you much longer than 7-10 mins to install. It will prob. take longer for you to order the machine and explain the situation and request, than to just install it :D

Good point Pez, I think I'll just do it myself. To be honest the reason was more to do with making sure there's no problems with drivers etc.

How's your new laptop anyway? I'm still torn between the 15.6" Vortex II and the 17.3" Vortex II and it's decision time! I actually think the 15.6" looks a neater finish and I'm not sure about the brushed metal on the 17.3"? What's the 17.3" like in the flesh? I know I'm probably being a bit pedantic but hey

pez

Not at all. I was the same. And quite frankly, I LOVE it. I would DEFINITELY say go 17.3" - you won't regret it and you prob. would regret it.

the brushed metal is awesome. It's quite cold, so I don;t actually think it is an "effect". I think it is actually brushed metal ???

Nemesis

It is an effect (PCS confirms) but a good one apparently :)

If you want the laptop as a desktop replacement then id go for the 17.3"
but if you want portability then the 15.6" will of course be better as it is smaller and lighter