Laptop won't boot

jbpjb500

I have a Samsung laptop that I have just installed an SSD drive I have installed Windows 8.1 but it refuses to boot every time I try the screen say,s press f4 for recovery and it just keeps looping, I have tried different settings in the bios but it still will not boot.
Any help would greatly appreciated.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So it worked properly when installing it but now it wont work? What point after installation did it stop working?

I presume you have installed windows AFTER you fitted the SSD, not on another PC then migrated the SSD to the laptop?

jbpjb500

Fitted drive first then formatted installed windows on reboot it will not boot to windows screen says all boot options tried press f4 for system recovery options, there are no recovery options on the new drive, have tried various settings in bios but it still won't boot.
John

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would try a clean reinstall of Windows from scratch.

Last edited:

jbpjb500

I would try a clean reinstall of Windows from scratch.

think I may have found answer, the original disk was set up a GPT and the disk I installed was MBR, to be able to boot to to original disk bios had to be selected with secure boot, if you needed to boot to a cd or USB you had to deselect secure boot and change to CMOS. When I installed windows I reset bios to original settings of secure, but it would not boot, by accident I tied rebooting with secure boot disabled and it booted straight away. Hopefully this is now sorted thank you for your suggestions.
John