Lead times getting longer every day.

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Hello

Am on 3rd working day so far on my laptop, but have noticed how much the lead times are slipping.

It was on 9 days average when i ordered, now its on 12.31.

Was 87% dispatched in 14 days and now only 72%.

Was 100% dispatched in 21 days and now down to 97%.

Don't fancy waiting 3 weeks for it to come.

Does it normally fluctuate this much and will it likely go down??? or am i in for a long wait.?

Last edited:

Maestro

Well there is little chance of you being in the 3 percent. Actually there is a 3 in 100 chance. Pretty good odds.

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Although there is a 28% chance of it taking 20 days so not so good eh.

Also i asked if its normal for the lead times to fluctuate so much, are they likely to go down??

IronTiger

My laptop has been ordered on the 5th of march. Now is 19th of march and its still in pre-production ;d. In the end ill go to the PCS HQ and build it myself.. :turned:

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Oh dear mate, that doesn't sound good, have you asked if they are waiting on parts or anything??

What laptop was it?

IronTiger

Yes, I contacted them via the chat on Friday and they told me that they will build it on Monday ( today) and It will be probably ready on Tuesday. But today is again in pre-production. I hope to get it by the end of the week but its very unlikely to get it build and dispatched so I can get my hands on it Friday =D . I have ordered Optimus II 17.3. And I think the 1TB Scorpio delayed my order. When I ordered the laptop the lead time for it was 8 days I think ;d

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Okay cheers mate, i also ordered the Optimus II, mine is on processing still, been 6 days, have pre-production to look forward to.:)

Xenotel

Interesting point...I have gone into the build system and repeated my choices a couple of times while I have been waiting. Having then chosen the rapid build choice it rejects that choice on the grounds that some part or other is out of stock...always a different bit. try it, you may find out what's holding you up. :sleep1:

IronTiger

PCS accepted my challenge and it was build and tested in 1 day :D. Today was dispatched and its saying that will be delivered tomorrow.

andybuckle

I just received a new laptop too. The ordering page said standard build most 5-7 days. The stats when you log in currently say Laptops 23.53% in 7 days. If this is more than a blip the ordering page should be changed to reflect reality. (My machine was 10 days until dispatch)

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Agree mate.

The average is just under 11 days now so coming back down, mines on the 8th working day, but i think its a bit cheaty really not counting the weekends as on monday i will be on 9th working day but in reality it'll have been 13 days, surely if you have a backlog and people are waiting over 3 weeks, like some have posted in other threads then you would be working the weekend to get them out??

Anyway, i feel i'll need to ring on monday and try to get a definitive answer as to if my laptop will ship next week, if not i'll have to cancel the order and get something elsewhere, hopefully it won't come to that as i'm still looking forward to it.

But having read how long others have waited and seeing an Admin's post that they only really put the CPU, RAM, HDD in the laptops then i don't see it all takes so long.