LED displays- are they super awesome like those LED TVs?

pez

I LOVE my 17.3" LED Screen. Tis teh Sex :D

Clean cut picture. Serious step up from my old IBM Thinkpad :D

tdar

to be honest, im not very happy with the LED display, made by LG, on my Vortex II 17. There is basically no optimum viewing angle as the screen is basically washed out at the lower edge of the display when viewing the screen head on. When playing games, the reproduction of black colours isnt that great. Looks like grey and you can make out the individual pixels rather easily for some reason. Considering replacing it with an AUO screen, which seems to be a popular replacement for the stock screen on other P170hm's around the world. Absolutely fantastic laptop otherwise!

Phil_B

I didn't get my LED screen from PCS but I upgraded from a 15" tft to a 22" wide screen LED and it is brilliant. The screen is super thin, looks very sleek and the increase in area feels enormous. So yes I think they are a great improvement.

pez

Yeah, it does :) Might be worth a heads up to PCS for those "Anal" people who want better screens.

To be fair, I'm loving the screen right now. Bare in mind, I've been used to a horrific 5+yr old screen on an IBM :)

Nemesis

Hey everyone considering this just be aware that chances are this will void the warranty (At least on the screen if not the whole thing)
Contact PCS for a final verdict :)

tdar

yup, been wondering the same. Anybody able to shed more light into the warranty status if one changes the screen?