Little giveaway for the regulars

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies to newcomers, but this is purely for the regular members, you know who you are, if you're at all uncertain, do post below and query. This includes some of the regulars who may not attend so frequently.

I have a box of black 3 x 120mm ML Pro fans up for grabs. They're superb fans, only reason I'm replacing them is to keep more to a white aesthetic.

It includes a Lighting Node Core (does RGB for 6 fans) and also has a Corsair 2 channel RGB lane splitter, although on modern motherboards, that's pretty much redundant now, but means you could add another Node Core and have it under the same controller lane or a separate driven by the one USB line.

Being completely transparent. My new system is mostly white, so I was always planning on replacing these black ones which were in the old system. In the old system, I only ever used 2 of them as one fan mount was taken by the 120mm radiator from my GPU, so one was never used.

When I built the new system, initially I just used the same 2 fans which worked perfectly, then recently I added the 3rd, but it didn't light up (fan span fine though). BUT after redoing it with the new white ones I've gotten, I'm certain it's because I didn't realise you had to rescan the fan controller from within iCue to pick up the new fans. Had the same issue with the new white ones until I realised and rescanned.

BUT just in case, I've labelled the fan that was not lighting up with a "1" sticker just in case.

There are a couple of screws missing, but on the old setup (because I'm lazy) I only ever attached each fan with 2 screws in opposing corners, and that works absolutely fine, the corners are damped by rubber so vibrations are mitigated anyway.

And in case anyones concerned, the ML120's were fully compatible with my new Commander Pro unit.

It's all in the box I got my new AF120 3 pack in. They may still have a little dust on and need a wipe down in places, but generally pretty good.

I'll ship it anywhere mainland UK as part of the giveaway, unfortunately if it's Ireland or abroad, may need to cover postage.

Please post your interest in a reply below and then there will be a celebrity guest who decides on the winner!

Scan from 2024-02-05 08_57_26 PM.jpg

Scan from 2024-02-05 08_58_31 PM.jpg

Scan from 2024-02-05 08_58_57 PM.jpg

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
lease post your interest in a reply below and then there will be a celebrity guest who decides on the winner!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel god damnit

i mean, oh i see

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
if homer is considered a regular homer would rule themselves out so that one lucky winner can win this most generous offer from the vinyl king

still want a darn wheel though

Lying Homer Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
This should keep you entertained for ever a while…
giphy.gif

and yet it does,

its almost as if homer is getting hypnotised, homer likes wheels, homer is a ball spinning, spinning, spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Very generous mate. The MLs are brilliant. I would have my name in the hat in a heartbeat but the open chassis would be wasted :LOL:

These are really great fans. The airflow is really good for the volume created (Whisper). I think they balance better than faster fans, if you need them screaming like a banshee there are bigger issues to consider :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Very generous mate. The MLs are brilliant. I would have my name in the hat in a heartbeat but the open chassis would be wasted :LOL:

These are really great fans. The airflow is really good for the volume created (Whisper). I think they balance better than faster fans, if you need them screaming like a banshee there are bigger issues to consider :D
They are superb fans, I never heard the actual fans, just the airflow, but even then, I didn't need the RPM up very high at all because they move so much air, so the noise was minimal.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
and yet it does,

its almost as if homer is getting hypnotised, homer likes wheels, homer is a ball spinning, spinning, spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg
Homer's favourite song...?

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!

Not sure who's version I prefer though?

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Homer's favourite song...?

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!

Not sure who's version I prefer though?

maybe :LOL:

Bhuna50

Author Level
They are great fans - shame they are black...I went for the white case and have the white fans :D :D

FerrariVie

Super Star
I'd be more than interested, since I'm starting to build a SFF desktop now and the only parts that I have so far are the AIO and case. So, having fans would be a great addition.

I'm in Ireland, so would be open to paying for shipment, in case I'm the lucky winner.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd be more than interested, since I'm starting to build a SFF desktop now and the only parts that I have so far are the AIO and case. So, having fans would be a great addition.

I'm in Ireland, so would be open to paying for shipment, in case I'm the lucky winner.
You're definitely in the hat, we'll hold on in case any others interested.