Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

robin h 25

I've not seen anyone on here mention this movie, I noticed it just got released last night on Netflix...

Zack Snyder's, Rebel Moon

I'll be giving this a watch tonight.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh Wow, they're redoing the original classic that started them all, 1922's silent film, Nosferatu.

The original was a loose adaptation of Bram Stokers book and the first time (I believe) that this genre was attempted in cinema. There was another German attempt at a remake in 1979 which I know absolutely nothing about.

This one has Willem Dafoe and Nick Hoult, I really admire Nick Hoult because he does some pretty unusual films that most people wouldn't go near and does a damn good job of them too. Warm Bodies I thought was a masterpiece of left field thinking and quite a difficult role to play. Willem Dafoe is just a legend, and again can play some pretty unusual roles that he nails.

It's not due for release until Christmas Day next year, but definitely one to watch out for.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Oh Wow, they're redoing the original classic that started them all, 1922's silent film, Nosferatu.

The original was a loose adaptation of Bram Stokers book and the first time (I believe) that this genre was attempted in cinema. There was another German attempt at a remake in 1979 which I know absolutely nothing about.

This one has Willem Dafoe and Nick Hoult, I really admire Nick Hoult because he does some pretty unusual films that most people wouldn't go near and does a damn good job of them too. Warm Bodies I thought was a masterpiece of left field thinking and quite a difficult role to play. Willem Dafoe is just a legend, and again can play some pretty unusual roles that he nails.

It's not due for release until Christmas Day next year, but definitely one to watch out for.
Have you ever seen Shadow of the Vampire? It’s a fictionalised story of the making of Nosferatu… and it stars Willem Dafoe. Well worth a watch.

SiAdams

Up to episode 5, it does NOT disappoint, and MY GOD, Kurt Russell is just like he's still a 30 year old, same hair, same voice, same energy, same laugh, it's brilliant!
It's brilliant isn't it. The actor who plays his younger self actually looks like Kurt Russell as well. It's really well written. I have watched one of the Godzilla movies that reference monarch last week. Are you up to date with the movies?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's brilliant isn't it. The actor who plays his younger self actually looks like Kurt Russell as well. It's really well written. I have watched one of the Godzilla movies that reference monarch last week. Are you up to date with the movies?
No, not yet although do have them on the watchlist. I’ve got so much to catch up on!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Well how stupid do I feel now :ROFLMAO: I honestly thought you were winding me up but a quick google search and yep he's his son!
I wouldn’t do that to you, amigo.

And I certainly wouldn’t be so imaginative as to come up with a fake name like Wyatt. I lack the cognitive capacity.

I’d have said it’s Kurt Russell’s son…
Russell Russell.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I wouldn’t do that to you, amigo.

And I certainly wouldn’t be so imaginative as to come up with a fake name like Wyatt. I lack the cognitive capacity.

I’d have said it’s Kurt Russell’s son…
Russell Russell.
It really should have been Burt Russell or Kurt Russel Jnr.

BTW, does he have a grandson in Formula 1 (George Russell)?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mr. Bates vs The Post Office is excellent, we watched all 4 episodes one after the other. Highly recommended

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mr. Bates vs The Post Office is excellent, we watched all 4 episodes one after the other. Highly recommended
There's been some comment on 'socials' that the CEO at the time (Adam Crozier, 2003-2010) is not mentioned in the programme at all.

Social media conspiracy theorists claim it's because he's CEO of ITV now. Pity these expert internet users can't even work out how to do basic research, as he left ITV in 2017 to be Chairman of Whitbread (and BT in 2021).

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There's been some comment on 'socials' that the CEO at the time (Adam Crozier, 2003-2010) is not mentioned in the programme at all.

Social media conspiracy theorists claim it's because he's CEO of ITV now. Pity these expert internet users can't even work out how to do basic research, as he left ITV in 2017 to be Chairman of Whitbread (and BT in 2021).
True though there's not one mention of him

SiAdams

Binged it (well, up to episode 8, as final 2 episodes aren't out yet) over the break, and am loving it.

Just got to go and see Godzilla Minus 1 to complete the whole titan/kaiju-vibe.
That's where I'm up to. They get released each Friday. Really enjoying it. I'm contemplating going cinema to watch Minus 1. I've never been interested in Godzilla until I watched this series. It looks Minus 1 focuses on the earliest days of Godzilla like the series has been doing in parts.

SiAdams

So we went cinema to watch the new Wonka movie over the weekend. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. (I did search on here) We really enjoyed it. Definitely did the original justice and interesting to see Timothee Chamalet playing Wonka. Rowan Atkinson as you can imagine was brilliant and Matt Lucas of course. Would highly recommend