Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
This is the voice of the mistertrons…and the sistertrons.

this ones angry tron

1711665456731.jpeg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
2024-04-11_09-20-50.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just grabbing it now, it’s got really good early reviews

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just grabbing it now, it’s got really good early reviews

I typically avoid movies and TV shows based on video games because they're often pants, but this is certainly looking promising. Just settling down to the first episode now.

Also curious to see how the Borderlands movie coming out later in the year does. Fallout and Borderlands have been two of my favourite video game series in recent years, so I hope they don't muck them up too severely!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Watched the first two episodes last night, It's pretty ok so far got some laughs from me but a few parts especially the fights it feels really goofy or something. I like the vault dweller lady she's killing it, really funny and love the naivety she's playing with it's great

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Watched the first two episodes last night, It's pretty ok so far got some laughs from me but a few parts especially the fights it feels really goofy or something. I like the vault dweller lady she's killing it, really funny and love the naivety she's playing with it's great
Watched the first one last night and the second this morning - I'm enjoying it. The fights are goofy, but then combat in the Fallout series is goofy, so I'm fully on board with the series.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Got a bit carried away and have watched all 8 episodes of Fallout since Thursday night.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and will dip into a spoiler or three from here out out, so going to do the spoiler tag thing. You have been warned!

The makers of the series were given strict instructions not to include anything that goes totally against canon, and I think they just about did it. There's a timeline which shows that the NCR was struggling before the events of Fallout: New Vegas, and the NCR Capital, Shady Sands, is nuked sometime between 2277 (a couple of years before FNV) and the mid 2080s. A lot of people are angry at this, but there's plenty of references during FNV about the NCR struggling, particularly because of over-expansion, and so the idea that the NCR could implode isn't all that far fetched to me.

The series leans fairly heavily into the Bethesda Fallout games of Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but there's also elements of almost all of the games. It's obvious that the producers and writers are big fans of the video games as there's a range of references to the games, both big and small. The opening part of the first episode is pretty much the lead character showing off what her SPECIAL scores and initial traits are. It's done in such a way that it's obvious what is happening to fans of the games, but is done in a way so it makes storyline sense for anybody who hasn't played a Fallout game.

The ending was pretty heavy, but reading online, it seems to have caused some confusion. I was able to follow it, and so I can see what's coming up in the series' future. The very last sight we see is New Vegas, so Season 2 being partly set there is looking likely - bring it on!

Bethesda acknowledging New Vegas is good as they published the game, but it was obviously developed by Obsidian.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Fallout was good man, that's all I have to say really

Not the biggest fan of Maximus character or the BoS in general tbh but it all wrapped up well

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got a bit carried away and have watched all 8 episodes of Fallout since Thursday night.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and will dip into a spoiler or three from here out out, so going to do the spoiler tag thing. You have been warned!

The makers of the series were given strict instructions not to include anything that goes totally against canon, and I think they just about did it. There's a timeline which shows that the NCR was struggling before the events of Fallout: New Vegas, and the NCR Capital, Shady Sands, is nuked sometime between 2277 (a couple of years before FNV) and the mid 2080s. A lot of people are angry at this, but there's plenty of references during FNV about the NCR struggling, particularly because of over-expansion, and so the idea that the NCR could implode isn't all that far fetched to me.

The series leans fairly heavily into the Bethesda Fallout games of Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, but there's also elements of almost all of the games. It's obvious that the producers and writers are big fans of the video games as there's a range of references to the games, both big and small. The opening part of the first episode is pretty much the lead character showing off what her SPECIAL scores and initial traits are. It's done in such a way that it's obvious what is happening to fans of the games, but is done in a way so it makes storyline sense for anybody who hasn't played a Fallout game.

The ending was pretty heavy, but reading online, it seems to have caused some confusion. I was able to follow it, and so I can see what's coming up in the series' future. The very last sight we see is New Vegas, so Season 2 being partly set there is looking likely - bring it on!

Bethesda acknowledging New Vegas is good as they published the game, but it was obviously developed by Obsidian.
Fallout was good man, that's all I have to say really

Not the biggest fan of Maximus character or the BoS in general tbh but it all wrapped up well
I can feel the next binge coming on, everything I've seen of it looks really good.
The only time I really watch stuff is in bed as I'm going to sleep, and I'm a total creature of habit and just naturally put on family guy.

I shall set aside some time to properly watch it.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I can feel the next binge coming on, everything I've seen of it looks really good.
The only time I really watch stuff is in bed as I'm going to sleep, and I'm a total creature of habit and just naturally put on family guy.

I shall set aside some time to properly watch it.
I'm a big fan of watching somethign familiar just before bed.

There's a lot of nudges and winks (for fans of the games), so I'd say it's a show you definitely need to be paying attention to while watching.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Not sure that Fallout necessarily warrants its own thread, but having done a slightly ham-fisted job in the spoiler post above, I've just been watching a Youtube video which sums it up better than I could.

and a Reddit thread from before the TV show speculating around more of the issues the NCR were facing during Fallout New Vegas as explained during FNV itself.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Not sure that Fallout necessarily warrants its own thread, but having done a slightly ham-fisted job in the spoiler post above, I've just been watching a Youtube video which sums it up better than I could.

and a Reddit thread from before the TV show speculating around more of the issues the NCR were facing during Fallout New Vegas as explained during FNV itself.

cough, like this one