Looking for a good GPU Cooler

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I agree with tom, I have two 3GB 580's pretty close to each other and I too have no problems with temps.

EDIT: Which 580 do you have?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
surely if you bought your card from pcs you have a gainward or palit card which has the same cooler fitted anyway, the only way to get better cooling is to fit a custom water cooled loop.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
idle your card should be running at between 22-30c if it isnt it just needs more airflow meaning more case fans or you could buy some antec spot cool`s and focus air on the card with them if you can fit more fans to your motherboard or psu.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
right now, with dvd playing, 37.0c

Temps are massively influenced by ambient room temps.
example from me playing bf3 online

warm room in evening, heating on -gpu 73/74
cold room in morining, heating off, - gpu 65/66

Thats just from ambient temps

But to answer ya question at idle on cool day temps of 30-35

NMEBowen

Master Poster
maybe you should buy some antec spot cools if you can fit them in 80mm or 100 both work well i have 2 in mine cooling the chipset and ram.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
maybe you should buy some antec spot cools if you can fit them in 80mm or 100 both work well i have 2 in mine cooling the chipset and ram.

thanks, will look into them. i wonder If I have warm air trapped in the case? I've knocked it down to 34c now just by turning up fan speeds,

@Roguetainer what temps are you getting that concern you?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
tom do you have your side and frount fan as intakes and the top fans as exausts? and as i said roguetrainer if you have a gainward or palit gpu the aftermarket cooler you looked at is the same as you already have fitted look into more case fans or improving airflow within the case.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
those temps are from my case i have one card at 25 and the other at 32 atm its not cold in my house either il admit thats idle just watching tv and posting on here but still. maybe its just the awsome cooling the phantom has to offer.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I dunno, I have the side fan with housing, I got front fan, i also got the gpu 80mm fan on that weird bracket the HAF-x has, plus my exhausts, ive never seen either of them below 30 not since day 1, my room isnt particularly cold but its not hot either.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i am running alot more fans than most in my rig 11 in total not including the 2 on the gpu itself idle i rarely see anything go over 33c full blast nothing over 50c thats when rendering or playing games.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
tom do you have your side and frount fan as intakes and the top fans as exausts? and as i said roguetrainer if you have a gainward or palit gpu the aftermarket cooler you looked at is the same as you already have fitted look into more case fans or improving airflow within the case.

yeah front and side set to intake. I don't think that my idle temps are anything of concern.

@Roguetainer, I wouldn't look at getting another cooler, it would void the warranty on the 580 if you were to do so.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
My cards can get pretty hot but again as tom said, nothing to worry about at those sorts of temps.

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
My cards currently at 27 and 25...More on topic, that GPU cooler looks good but it does not support PWM so they will be at max RPM unless you also buy/have their fan controller (FANMATE2) which means they wont be quiet.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
my 570 is currently sitting at 42c playing a video but i do have my fans set at their minimum on the controller and my room is pretty warm, if i just clock up the case fans, goes to 38c when i turn up the case fans, i have only seen 25 when im in a cold room with every fan maxed (including the GPU fans)