Looking to upgrade my Graphics card.

CookieDunne

Looking to upgrade my graphics card as I've been noticing some random screen tears when watching videos and playing games. I'm just looking for prices right now as I don't have a set price range as I will just save the money. My PC is mostly used for editing and rendering videos but got quite a lot of games on it also which I play when I get time. I also need it to support dual screens.

Current rig:

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD7750 - DVI,HDMI,DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER

Any help would be great :D

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Without a budget it's hard to give a brilliant suggestion. From personal experience I can definitely recommend a GTX670. It will max out pretty much every game on a single monitor. Crysis 3 is even bearable on fully maxed settings even though I only get 25-30fps. It's also only marginally worse than the 680 for a much cheaper price. You would be looking at £300ish for the 670 though.

Is there an absolute max price you have in mind that you only want to go to? I often don't set a budget for things as I'd rather save and get the best for my money but do you have any sort of idea i.e. you really don't want to go over £200 or something?

CookieDunne

Well I want the best for the best price, which I'm sure most people do, but I don't really want to go over £350-£400ish. That is my max.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Then I would have to stick with my suggestion of the GTX670. Probably the best card you can buy at the moment for single monitor gaming and almost matches the benchmarks of the GTX680 (only 3-4fps worse than it on most games). It's definitely got one of the best price/performance ratio's unless you'd rather look down the AMD route.

bigben

Master Poster
Then I would have to stick with my suggestion of the GTX670. Probably the best card you can buy at the moment for single monitor gaming and almost matches the benchmarks of the GTX680 (only 3-4fps worse than it on most games). It's definitely got one of the best price/performance ratio's unless you'd rather look down the AMD route.

I agree, the 670 has really good bang for buck and runs all of my games on ultra easily.

CookieDunne

Not to bothered if its AMD or nvidia but I think I will go for the 670 then :), thanks for the help :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Just for some peace of mind to back up my statement, here's a quick link showing the performance during battlefield 3 (also has a few other games on the same website): http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/11/12/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-670-2gb-review/3

As you can see the 670 is 3rd highest on the list for 1920x1080 gaming and only loses out to the GTX680 by 1fps. Not bad for a card that's around £80-£100 cheaper! Also seems to take on anything AMD as well until you start looking into multi-screen gaming. (Benchmarks may not be 100% accurate anymore as nvidia release new drivers quite often which make the cards perform better but should still be similar story benchmark-wise!).