Lots of lag on pc?

wereireland

Enthusiast
Ok i just got cod 4 for pc and i am getting massive lag. My ping is around 110-160 and i have my settings on the lowest so its not my graphics card. I have tested single player the same on settings to check that its not my graphics card and just my internet.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Try a different server and a 110-160 ping is not too high you should also look to see what the other players pings are at and sometimes servers get laggy when there is a hacker on.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I often play on a CS:S server that I think is in the States. I hover around 200ms the whole time (sometimes 180 if I am lucky, and something 300!) and yet I wouldnt say I suffer from "lag" that stops me playing (might get nailed a bit by people with 40ms when it comes to one on one).

As suggested, it may just be the servers you are using are laggy/not very close to you, or indeed some idiot like me with a high ping, or the server is just a bit shoddy :D

It really shouldn't be anything to do with your actual PC (as far as I am aware), as long as you arent running Windows ME on a Pentium 2 :D