Love Gaming

teddyuk

Hello community

I'm new and would like to say how organised this forum is and look forward to becoming part of the community.

I don't know if this is allowed (Please dont remove me ;) ) but I have also recently started a new gaming site that offers members the chance to take part in hosted events and to also allow our members to host their events too.

Please check it out @ www.consolegl.com

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Just some feedback on your site: Avoid free hosting. It really turns away a large amount of potential visitors/community members who just plain wont register on anything hosted on free hosting. On top of that, in this case it adds a massive banner at the top which is rather intrusive to your site.

On the right-hand side you've gone a bit overboard with the skyscraper banners - if you want those to work you have to alternate with some information that provides functionality to your visitors, or they will soon ignore that site automatically (banner blindness).

For the forums; it's better to start small and create subforums as and when the need arises. That way you consolidate the little activity you have and on forums activity encourages more activity. By having a lot of empty sections, it will take all the longer to get things up and running - as the opposite is true as well: A lack of activity encourages a lack of activity.

The only other feedback I'd give is to come up with a strapline which sets you apart. #1 gaming community doesn't work well when people visit a nearly empty community hosted on a free hosting package. Come up with a funny / interesting / descriptive angle - and hook a few regulars, then slowly build your community up. Don't aim to be #1 straight away, something like that doesn't happen by choice/design but evolves over a longer period of time.

Good luck :)

JSG10

Expert
Oh dear :S I have to say that first impressions for me were just not good.
Not a particularly eye catching design, way too many ads and banners and faar too many sub-sections viewable. Does every game need a sub section in the forums when you already have a game section? :S
Sorry to be so picky but do bear in mind that this is only my opinion, others might love it :)

teddyuk

Thanks for the honest feedback,

I Just got fed up of gaming sites that don't have a community feel to it and I want gaming to be about meeting interesting people who all share a common interest which is gaming.

I have got a new host and will be coming off the dreadful free hosts and again thanks guys for your honestly :)