Memory Card Reader help?

calduf

Silver Level Poster
hey guys, i recently got my new pc (about a week ago or something) and i went to put my memory stick in. the little green light on the reader its self lights up, but then it seems to do that no matter what one i put it in? nothing shows up in the devices or anything, and i cant seem to find any way of accessing the card, and insight welcome.

ps. hopefully getting soe pictures and a wee kinna review of my purchase soon..... hopefully :) )

Corfate

Author Level
Sure you're putting the car in the right way? I remember somebody had a similar problem, he was just inserting the card upside-down!

calduf

Silver Level Poster
yea sure its the rights way, (ive tried both ways just in case though) , ive tried everything i can think of, and it cant be that theres a cable loose as theres only one cable into it as far as i can see?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Do you have access to another computer to try the memory card on? It might be the card that has the problem i have had something smilar in the past and it was the card itself that was causing problems. It would help narrow it down one way or the other if you could test another memory card on it, or your memory card in another pc.

Could also be a driver issue, is the drive itself showing up in device manager? Search your computer for device manager, and it will be listed under disk drives. Should be a few things along the lines of "Generic - SD/MMC USB device" i have 4 total worth a look to see theyre installed properly.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Turn the computer off as normal.
Turn off the PSU switch on the back of PC
Press and hold the front power switch for 30 seconds up to a minute.
Turn the computer on again at back of PC
Turn PC on as normal.
Failing that try Gormans suggestion from a previous thread.
* Turn the computer off as normal.
* Turn off the PSU switch on the back of PC
* Unplug the internal USB cable going from the card reader to the mainboard
* Turn the computer on again at back of PC
* Turn PC on via front power switch
* Let Windows load
* Turn the computer off as normal.
* Turn off the PSU switch on the back of PC
* Plug the internal cable back in
* Turn the computer on again at back of PC
* Turn PC on via front power switch
* Let windows load and install drivers automatically